United Mutual Meeting April 9, 2019

[ NO AUDIO ] [ NO AUDIO ] >> THE WEEDS ARE EVEN GROWING BETWEEN THE CRACKS OF THE SIDEWALKS. SHRUBBERY IS RIPPED OUT WITHOUT REPLACEMENT. LEAVING AREAS NOTHING BUT DIRT. THIS WAS DONE MONTHS AGO BELOW OUR SEMI CIRCLE PLANTING AREA. CUL-DE-SAC 209 BY CARPORTS LEAVING LARGE TREE SURROUNDED BY DIRT AND WEEDS. BEFORE THEY GET OUT OF THEIR CARS, NOT A GOOD IMPRESSION FOR LAGUNA WOODS. THE AREAS AROUND OUR MANORS HAVE NOT HAD THE FLOWER BED MULCH IN FIVE YEARS.

THIS WAS VERIFIED BY LANDSCAPE, FIVE YEARS. ALL OF THESE ISSUES HAD BEEN REPORTED IN THE PAST. WHENEVER A LANDSCAPING REPORT IS PRESENTED ALL I HEAR ARE EXCUSES WE'RE SHORT STAFFED. EQUIPMENT IS BROKEN. IT RAINED. WE'RE BACKLOGGED, ET CETERA, ET CETERA. I DON'T HEAR SOLUTIONS. HOW ARE THESE ISSUES GOING TO BE RESOLVED OR IS IT GOING TO GET WORSE. IS THE UNATTRACTIVE, NEGLECTED STATE OF OUR LANDSCAPING GOING TO ADVERSELY AFFECT THE SALES PRICES OF OUR MANORS AND NUMBERS BEING SOLD. OTHER ISSUES HAVE BEEN MENTIONED I AM GOING TO ATTEND THURSDAY A UNITED LANDSCAPING MEETING AS I KNOW YOU WILL SUGGEST. YOU SUGGEST IT TO EVERYONE WITH LANDSCAPE CONDITIONS. UNFORTUNATELY THIS IS NOT BE SOLVING THE PROBLEM. >> THANK YOU. >> OUR NEXT SPEAKER IS PAT ENGLISH. >> GOOD MORNING, PAT.

>> GOOD MORNING. GOOD TO SEE YOU ALL. MY NUMBER, MANOR NUMBER 2022C. UP UNTIL MARCH THE SOMETHING OR OTHER I OWNED 928A AS WELL. IN OTHER WORDS, I OWNED TWO. ABOUT A YEAR AND A HALF AGO I GOT A HANDYMAN TO PUT THESE LIGHTS IN, IN THE KITCHEN. WELL, I DIDN'T GET A PERMIT. SO WHAT HAPPENED. I HAVE TO PAY $300 WHICH I PAD BY THE WAY WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM. AND THE PEOPLE DOWN HERE THAT HANDLE PERMITS WERE FINE. THERE WAS NO PROBLEM. I PAID THEM THE 300 THEN I THINK I PAID THEM $35 FO THE PERIT. WELL THEN I FIND OUT THAT IT GOES THROUGH THE CITY AS WELL. I GO TO THE CITY, I HAVEN'T BROUGHT THIS UP UNTIL NOW BECAUSE I WANTED TO MAK SURE THE HOUSE SALE WENT THROUGH AND THERE WEREN'T ANY MORE PROBLEMS.

THE CITY THEY WENT — THEY CAME IN THEY COUNTED THE NUMBER OF LIGHTS THERE WERE. MOST PEOPLE WHO HAVE THEM HAVE SIX, I HAVE FOUR. SOME PEOPLE HAVE FOUR, SOME PEOPLE — HE COUNTED THEM. MULTIPLIED BY $70. CAME UP WITH $280. I REALLY THINK I'LL GIVE HIM THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT IT WAS A MISTAKE. BUT I JUST FEEL THAT SPACE THAT I AM ALONG WITH OTHER PEOPLE, HAVING THAT EXPERIENCE, GETTING RIPPED OFF. THE CITY IS — I DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE UP TO HERE BUT THE ENGINEER TOLD ME THIS WOULD BE ONE PROJECT SHOULD REQUIRE ONE PERMIT NOT FOUR PERMITS. THAT IS MY PROBLEM AND I HOPE YOU CAN TELL ME WHAT TO DO TO FIX THIS, I'M THINKING OF GOING TO THE CITY, SENDING A LETTER — ANYTHING YOU CAN SUGGEST I WOULD APPRECIATE.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. >> THANK YOU, PAT. I AM JUST MIGHT POINT OUT TO RESIDENTS THAT ARE LISTENING, YOU CANNOT OWN TWO UNITS IN THE VILLAGE UNLESS YOU ARE SELLING ONE TO BUY ANOTHER. AND YOU HAVE TO SIGN A DUAL AGREEMENT TO DO THAT. PAT KIND OF MADE IT SOUND LIKE SHE HAD TWO AND REALLY YOU ONLY HAVE ONE MEMBERSHIP BUT YOU'RE OTHER.D TO SELL ONE TO BUY THE- OUR NEXT SPEAKER, SHERYL? >> THAT CONCLUDES OUR SPEAKERS. >> OKAY. ALL RIGHT.

>> FROM THE MARCH MEETING REPORT HAD CALLED HANDYMAN SERVICE TO INSTALL AN OUTLET PANEL, HE WAS TOLD THE WHITE ONE WAS NOT, ONLY TAN. HE CALLED TO HAVE HIS MATTRESS TURNED THEY SAID HE NEEDED TO WAIT THREE WEEKS. HE WAS UPSET ABOUT BOTH OUTCOMES WE SAID WE'D LOOK INTO IT. THE HANDYMAN SERVICE HAS BEEN SO SUCCESSFUL THAT WE ARE BEGINNING TO HAVE LONG WAITS. THIS WILL BE DISCUSSED AT THE M& C BUDGET MEETING ON MAY 31st BECAUSE WE HAD NO FUNDS TO HIRE ADDITIONAL STAFF BUDGETED AT THIS TIME. UNFORTUNATELY. PAT EXPRESSED HER CONCERN ABOUT HIGH INTEREST CHARGED ON A SMALL LOAN. AT TH MOMENT WE ONLY HAVE ONE COMPANY THAT WILL PROVIDE LOANS TO CO-OPS AND THEY CHARGE A HIGHER INTO RATE BECAUSE UNITED IS — FIRST RIGHT PRIVILEGES MEAN UNITED IS TO BE PAID FIRST IF THERE IS A DEFAULT AND ALL OTHER LENDERS ARE PAID THEREAFTER. NOTE, BECAUSE UNITED RESIDENTS DON'T HAVE A TITLE TO THEIR MANOR THEY HAVE TO TAKE A LOAN INSTEAD OF A MORTGAGE.

CAROL AND MARIA WOULD LIKE UNITED TO OPEN THE LENDING RIGHTS TO OTHER COMPANIES. AT THE FINANCE MEETING WE MOVED THAT THE LAWYER LOOK AT THE CURRENT AGREEMENT AND MAKE RECOMMENDATIONS AS TO THE NEEDED CHANGES. THIS WAS COMPLETED AND AN AGREEMENT HAS BEEN DRAWN UP AND NOW ALL WE NEED ARE QUALIFIED, QUOTE, QUALIFIED LOANING AGENCIES TO SIGN IT SO WE'RE READY TO OPEN IT UP. MAXINE McINTOSH WOULD LIKE THE BOARD TO SURVEY OUR MEMBERS TO BETTER UNDERSTAND THEIR CONCERNS THE BOARD WILL LOOK INTO THE MOST SALIENT WAY TO ACCOMPLISH THIS AND PROBABLY WILL TAKE A FEW MONTHS FOR US TO GET THIS ALL TOGETHER. THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENTS. >> THANK YOU, SUE. ARE THERE ANY OTHER RESPONSES TO THE MEMBER COMMENTS? YES, ELSE. >> THE GENTLEMAN, I GOT HIS NAME RIGHT HERE. MR. FOSTER, YOU'RE ALMOST MY NEIGHBOR I'M AT 2121 AND I KNOW 2135 IS THIRD. ARE YOU IN THIRD OR — THAT'S BIZARRE BECAUSE REASON I'M ASKING I DON'T REALLY CARE. IT'S ALL I KNOW.

BECAUSE WE'VE BEEN MALL MUCHED. MULCHED ALONG THE FREEWAY THERE. >> THIS IS NOT A CONVERSATION. >> IT'S NOT A CONVERSATION. IT WAS JUST — TRYING TO ESTABLISH SOMETHING IF I NEEDED TO FOLLOW UP OR NOT BUT APPARENTLY NOT. I MEAN, NEVER MIND. NOW, THIRD ELIMINATED THE USE OF ROUND UP AND HERBICIDES A FEW MONTHS AGO. THEY HAVE A LOT OF WEEDS AND THINGS IN SIDEWALKS AND STUFF LIKE THAT.

AND UNITED DOESN'T. SO WE'RE NOT TAKING CARE OF BOTH THOSE ARE ALL GOING TO BE WORKED OUT IN THE NEXT FEW MONTHS AS WE WORK TOGETHER TO WORK ON THIS HERBICIDE PROBLEM. DID YOU HAVE A COMMENT ON THAT, MAGGIE? >> I JUST SAID I'LL GIVE THEM A HEADS UP AND LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU ON THURSDAY. >> ANY OTHER — YES, CARL. >> TO PAT ENGLISH'S PROBLEM WITH REGARD TO THE CITY. I GUESS THIS IS A CITY THING WHERE BY THEY WANTED A PERMIT FOR EACH ONE OF THEM OR IS A FINE? [ INAUDIBLE ] I'M SAYING, THIS HAS TO DO WITH THE CITY ITSELF THEIR SAYING 70 TIMES FOUR IS $280 IS THAT CORRECT? [ INAUDIBLE ] WE CAN CHECK SEE WHAT THEY KNOW HERE AS FAR AS ALTERATIONS ARE CONCERNED BUT FOR THE MOST PART THE CITY IS THE CITY.

WE HAVE NO CONTROL OVER WHAT THEY WANT TO CHARGE BUT I'LL CHECK INTO IT. >> I MIGHT ALSO MENTION AS YOU WELL KNOW THE CITY IS VERY SMALL AND THAT'S ONE OF THEIR CONTRACTED OUT SERVICES. AND SO IT'S LIKE A REVOLVING DOOR, THE PEOPLE THAT THEY HAVE WORKING THERE AND INSPECTORS, ET CETERA, IT HAS BEEN A CONCERN THAT WE'VE BEN WORKING WITH THE CITY ON. IT'S NOT SOMETHING THAT WE HAVE CONTROL OVER BUT THANK YOU FOR BRINGING IT TO OUR ATTENTION. YES. >> MY CONCERN AFTER HEARING THIS IS THAT HANDYMAN IS GOING AHEAD AND PERFORMING A SERVICE THAT REQUIRES A PERMIT AND WHY WOULD WE DO THAT? [ INAUDIBLE ] >> IT WAS NOT OUR HANDYMAN. [ INAUDIBLE ] THANK YOU. >> TO FOLLOW UP ON SUE'S REMARK WE ARE LOOKING AT THE HANDYMAN PROGRAM AS THOSE OF YOU WHO KNOW ABOUT THE PROGRAM KNOW, THIS YEAR STARTING IN JUNE OF 2018, WAS A TRIAL YEAR.

IT WAS A PILOT PROJECT. AND SO WE ARE DEFINITELY LOOKING AT IT, WHAT CHANGES WE MAY NEED TO MAKE. IT IS THE MOST POPULAR PROGRAM THAT WE HAVE HAD WAY BEYOND OUR EXPECTATIONS. SO IT WAS NOT FUNDED ADEQUATELY FOR THE FIRST TRIAL YEAR. AS WE GO INTO BUDGET WE WILL BE LOOKING AT WHAT WE NEED TO DO TO CORRECT THAT.

JUST KNOW THAT WE KNOW IT'S A POPULAR PROGRAM AND BEAR WITH US ALL RIGHT. WE HAVE AN UPDATE FROM VMS AND DIRECTOR — I'M SORRY. YOU MAY. >> ISSUE ABOUT 2140 ABOUT LANDSCAPE ISSUES, I THINK THE RESIDENTS WANT AN ANSWER NOT JUST WAIT UNTIL NEXT MEETING, ANY ANSWER WHY THINGS HAVE BEEN SEVERAL YEARS AND IT'S NOT RESOLVED. WE SHOULD KNOW IF WE HAVE A PROBLEM OR NOT IN SEVERAL YEARS. SECOND QUESTION ABOUT HANDYMAN WAITING LIST TOO LONG. THE QUESTION I HAVE IS, IF WE NEED TO WAIT FOR BUDGET IT WILL BE SEVERAL MONTHS. IN THE SAME TIME OUR RESIDENTS ARE NOT RECEIVING THE PROMISE OF SERVICE ACCORDING TO THE CONTRACT AND WE HAVE ANY ALTERNATIVE FOR THAT, JUS WANT TO BRING THAT ISSUE UP.

EVERYBODY PAY MONEY AND IF WE CANNOT PROVIDE CONTRACT STATED TWO HOURS TWO OR THREE TIMES PER MONTH THEY'RE GOING TO SKIP MONTHS THEY ONLY GET MAYBE TEN OR 12 MONTHS SERVICE OR EVEN EIGHT MONTHS OF SERVICE WE HAVE >> ALL RIGHT.N THAT?- NOW WE GO — THAT'S ALL I HAVE. AN UPDATE FROM VMS AND DIRECTOR DIRECTOR BELDNER THIS TIME.OR- >> GOOD MORNING. I'M GOING TO GO OVER HUMAN RESOURCES UPDATE DELIVERED TO VMS. THIS IS A STAFFING SUMMARY AND IN FERUARY OF 2019 THERE WERE 4 3 VACANCIES, 20 WERE FULL TIME, 23 PART TIME. AND AS OF APRIL 5th THERE WERE 25 VACANCIES, 15 FULL TIME, 10 MART TIME. LOOK AT THAT IT LOOKS LIKE ONLY 18 VACANCIES WERE FILLED BUT THAT'S NOT TRUE. MANY MORE VACANCIES WERE FILLED THAT I WILL NOW SHOW YOU. THIS IS THE 43 VACANCIES OR JOBS THAT WERE OPEN AND THEY WERE MOSTLY FILLED BEFORE APRIL. SO ACTUALLY ALMOST 40 OF THESE JOBS HAVE BEEN FILLED. THIS IS THE CURRENT 25 VACANCIES , THESE AR ALL NEW ONES, MOSTLY. THERE'S ONLY COUPLE OF OLD-OLD ONES. YOU CAN SEE THE PURPLE SHOWS THE DEPARTMENT, FOR EXAMPLE, GENERAL MANAGERS AND THEN UNDER GENERAL MANAGERS SEE THAT THERE ARE TWO VACANCIES, ONE IS A REPORT — SORRY.

ONE IS A RECORD SPECIALIST ONE IS CORPORATE — PART OF THE RESPONSIBILITY OF HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT TO DO EXIT INTERVIEWS SO THAT WHEN PEOPLE LEAVE THEY UNDERSTAND WHY AND THESE ARE SOME OF THE MAJOR REASONS THAT PEOPLE GIVE. THERE'S ABOUT 30 TOTAL. I JUST LISTED SOME OF THE MOST REVERENT. PEOPLE LEAVE — I'M VERY SORRY. VERY TOUCHY. PEOPLE LEAVE BECAUSE THEY'RE GOING TO OTHER EMPLOYMENT. PERHAPS THEY'RE GETTING PROMOTION. GETTING MORE MONEY. RETIREMENT REASONS. WANT TO MAKE A COMMENT. WE HAVE AN ECONOMY NOW WHICH IS NOW ALMOST FULL EMPLOYMENT.

THAT MEANS THAT THERE ARE FEW NEW JOB SEEKERS. SO COMPANIES ARE SEEKING NEW EMPLOYEES OFTEN TRY TO GET PEOPLE TO COME OVER FROM OTHER COMPANIES BY OFFERING HIGHER WAGES. WHAT I TRIED TO SHOW YOU IS THAT HR DEPARTMENT DOING WONDERFUL JOB IN TERMS OF FILLING VACANCIES EVEN IN COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND THEY'RE NOT HAVING TO DO SO — THEY'RE DOING SO — I REALLY WANT T APPLAUD THEM FOR THEIR EFFORTS. HR DEPARTMENT IS ALSO RESPONSIBLE FOR TRAINING, THE MANAGERS, SUPERVISOR TRAINED IN FEBRUARY ON WORKPLACE VIOLENCE. CALIFORNIA REQUIRES TRAINING IN HARASSMENT PREVENTION AND AT LEAST TWO HOURS OF TRAINING FOR SUPERVISORS AND MANAGERS AND ONE HOUR TRAINING FOR NONSUPERVISORY EMPLOYEES. OUT OF ALL THE EMPLOYEES WHO RECEIVE REQUIRED TRAINING THAT YEAR AND WILL CONTINUE ON FOR SUBSEQUENT YEARS. THE HR DEPARTMENT IS ALSO RESPONSIBLE FOR PROVIDING A REWARDING WORK ENVIRONMENT THAT ALSO FOSTERS TEAM SPIRIT. THIS REGARD IN APRIL, END OF APRIL THERE WILL BE EMPLOYEE RECOGNITION PROGRAM, OCTBER SERVICE AWARDS FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE AN EMPLOYMENT FOR LONG PERIOD OF TIME HERE.

AND VERY FAMOUS — WHICH I EN COURAGE ALL TO GO YOU GET TO SEE SOME GREAT THINGS. úIF I SWIE I WANT TO SHOW YOU — >> NOTHING ON THE SCREEN. >> WHAT'S THAT? NOTHING ON THE SCREEN? OKAY. THIS IS OUR LAGUNA WOODS WEBSITE I WANT TO SHOW THE RESIDENTS HOW YOU CAN LOOK FOR JOBS THAT MAY BE AVAILABLE IN THE VILLAGE FOR YOU. GO ON THE MAIN WEBPAGE, SCROLL ALL THE WAY DOWN, YOU SEE THIS THING CALLED CAREERS.

IT SAYS NONRESIDENTS. YOU'RE LOOKING FOR RESIDENTS. CLICK ON RESIDENT, VERY TRICKY MOUSE. RESIDENT. SEARCH. UP COMES GATE AMBASSADOR. NOW YOU SCROLL DOWN JUST A LITTLE BIT YOU'LL SEE THAT THERE'S A JOB APPLICATION IF YOU'RE INTERESTED. BUT IF YOU WANT TO YOU CAN VIEW THE DETAILS AND IT WILL TELL YOU QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE GATE AMBASSADOR, TRAINING OF COURSE IS PROVIDED IT SHOWS THAT YOU YOU WILL GET $12 AN HOUR. MANY RESIDENTS ARE INTERESTED IN FILLING THEIR TIME AND MAKING SOME MONEY THEY CAN GO TO THE WEBSITE SEE WHAT JOBS ARE AVAILABLE. THANK YOU. >> THANK YOU, DICK. RIGHT NEXT WE'LL GO TO OUR CEO REPORT. >> GOOD MORNING, MADAM PRESIDENT , MEMBERS OF THE BOARD. I HAVE A FEW ITEMS TODAY. FIRST ONE I WAS GOING TO MENTION WAS WE CONTINUE TO ROLL OUT THE NEW RESIDENT PORTAL, REASON I WANTED TO BRING IT UP IS UN RAN INTO SOME TECHNICALG WE- DIFFICULTIES, I WANTED TO MENTION THAT WE'RE WORKING ON THAT DILIGENTLY AS WE SPEAK.

ALL OF OUR DEPARTMENT HEADS HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED AND IF THE RESIDENT HAS ANY CONCERNS WITH REGARDS TO LOGGING ON THAT THEY GIVE RESIDENT SERVICES A CALL AT 949-597-4600. WE HOPE TO HAVE THIS THING RESOLVED EARLY THIS MORNING AS WE SPEAK. I'LL GIVE YOU AN UPDATE IF WE HAVE THAT PRIOR TO THE MEETING BEING CLOSED. BUT I DID — JUST MAKE SURE THAT OUR RESIDENTS KNOW WHERE TO CALL IF THEY CALL SEPARATE DEPARTMENT ALL THE DEPARTMENT HEADS HAVE BEEN INFORMED. SECOND THING I WANTED TO MENTION WAS OUR AGAIN OUR GATE RETROFIT. WE'RE NOW GATES 3 AND 7 ARE CLOSED AS OF THIS WEEK.

THE TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF GATE 3 AND 7 THE PEDESTRIAN HOURS WILL BE 6:00 A.M. TO 10:00 P.M., GATE ONE AND GATE TWO WILL BE OPEN 24 -7 TO HANDLE THE FLOW. GATE 4 WILL BE OPEN UNTIL 10:00 P.M. RELATIVE TO GATE 7 THE PEDESTRIAN GOLF CART HOURS WILL BE 6:00 A.M. TO 10:00 P.M. GATE 8 AND 9 AND 10 WILL BE OPEN 24-7 TO HELP WITH THAT OVERFLOW. THE WORK PLAN IS AGAIN TO HAVE THESE TWO GATES COMPLETED WITHIN A SIX-WEEK PERIOD OF TIME. WE THINK NOW THAT WE HAVE A LITTLE BIT BETTER WEATHER WE'LL BE ABLE TO KEEP ON TARGET THERE. DURING CONSTRUCTION GATES 3 AND 7 OBVIOUSLY WILL BE CLOSED AND WE'RE WORKING DILIGENT TO MAKE SURE THAT PEOPLE UNDERSTAND WHERE TO GO TO GET THE BEST ACCESS FOR THE COMMUNITY.

THE NEXT ITEM I HAD THAT I WANTED TO MENTION WAS, AS PART OF THIS GATE PROCESS OBVIOUSLY IS TO WORK ON ENHANCING THE RFID PROGRAM. THAT'S WORKING. IT'S WORKING SO WELL THAT RESIDENT SERVICES WAS PRETTY IMPACTED LAST WEEK WE HAD 700 PEOPLE REGISTER FOR THE RFD PROGRAM BECAUSE NOW THAT THE GATES ARE GOING TO MAKE IT EASIER THAT'S REALLY GOOD NEWS WE'RE GETTING REALLY HIGH UP IN THE NUMBERS WE WANT TO CONTINUE TO PLUG THAT PROGRAM. ONLY $25 TO GET THAT STICKER AND MORE PEOPLE THAT HAVE IT THE EASIER IT IS TO GET IN AND OUT SO WE'RE VERY PLEASEED WITH THAT RESIDENT SERVICES WAS SWALLOWING HARD LAST WEEK TRYING TO GET ALL THE PEOPLE THEIR I.D.s BUT WE WORKED IT OUT.

NOW WE'RE WORKING THAT OUT AT DEPARTMENT HEAD MEETING YESTERDAY WE WERE TALKING ABOUT HOW WE MAY ORIENTATE A PROCESS TO GET PEOPLE INFORMED ABOUT INSTEAD OF COMING IN AND PARKING THAT WE DO A DRIVE-THROUGH OPERATION WHERE WE HAVE PEOPLE OUT THERE FROM OUR STAFF PUTTING ON THE RFD IN MORE BETTER FASHION WITH REGARDS TO SPEED FOR OUR RESIDENTS. WE'LL BE UNFOLDING THAT IF WE GET THAT IN PLACE. REGARDING I5 AND EL TORO INTERCHANGE EXPANSION. VILLAGE RESIDENTS ARE INVITED TO ATTEND THIS PUBLIC HEARING, THE I5-EL TORO ROAD INTERCHANGE PROGRAM ON THURSDAY APRIL 18th FROM 4:30 P.M. TO 7:30 P.M. AT CENTER DRIVE IN LAKE FOREST. THERE ARE COUPLE OPTION, IS THAT ARE IN THE DRAFT ENVIRONMENTAL DOCUMENT. ONE IS A FLY OVER ON EL TORO ROAD WHICH WOULD HAVE IMPACT TO THE VILLAGE.

THE OTHER ONE WOULD TAKE A SECOND OFF RAMP DOWN FURTHER TOWARDS PENNIES AND THERE IS A LOT OF DEBATE GONG ON AND LOT OF UNCERTAINTY AS TO WHICH ONE, IF ANY OF THOSE, IS THE BEST ALTERNATIVE. SO I WOULD DEFINITELY ENCOURAGE ANY RESIDENT, IF THEY ARE INTERESTED OR WANT TO GET INVOLVED THAT THEY ATTEND THIS FIRST KICK-OFF MEETING, FIRST TIME PEOPLE WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO SEE THE ALTERNATIVE THEN GET INPUT WITH REGARDS TO THE ENVIRONMENTAL DOCUMENTATION THAT IS NECESSARY TO MOVE FORWARD.

AT THE STAFF LEVEL WILL BE COORDINATING NOT ONLY AT OUR LEVEL BUT ALSO WITH THE CITY. WE'VE ALREADY HAD SOE CONVERSATIONS WITH THE CITY ON THE IMPACT AND WHAT WE CAN DO WORKING TOGETHER AS FAR AS GIVING INPUT. ON APRIL 27th IS NATIONAL PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION TAKE BACK DAY. VILLAGE RESIDENTS CAN BRING THEIR UNWANTED, UNUSED AND EXPIRED PRESCRIPTION DRUGS FOR DISPOSAL ON SATURDAY APRIL 27th AT 10:00 A.M. TO 2:00 P.M. AT THE LAGUNA WOODS CITY HALL. IT'S AT 24246 EL TORO ROAD. NO SHARPS, MARIJUANA OR PRESSURIZED CANISTERS WILL BE ACCEPTED. HOWEVER THIS HAS BEEN A VERY, VERY GOOD PROGRAM TO COLLECT PRESCRIPTION DRUGS THAT ARE NO LONGER ABLE TO BE USED THAT NEED TO BE DISCARDED. DON'T PUT THEM IN YOUR TOILETS PLEASE, ONE THING WE WANT TO AVOID GETTING INTO THE WATER SYSTEM. NEXT ITEM IS THE VILLAGE POOL MAINTENANCE UPDATE.

YESTERDAY POOL ONE WAS REOPENED, POOL 2 CLOSED FOR ANNUAL MAINTENANCE. POOL ONE WELCOMES CHILDREN'S SWIM FROM NOON TO 2:00. WE ALSO HAVE AQUATIC FITNESS WE'LL RESUME FROM 5:00 05:50. AT POOL ONE SWIM CLINICS WILL BE HELD AT POOL FIVE TEMPORARILY FROM 12:30 TO 2:30 VILLAGE GAME SWIM EVENTS THAT IS IMPORTANT ACTIVITY WILL TAKE PLACE OVER AT CLUBHOUSE 5. YOU CAN CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION WITH REGARDS TO THAT RECREATION DEPARTMENT AT 949-597 -4273.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST. ACTUALLY, THAT WAS IT. AGAIN THE RFD PROGRAM IS VERY COOL AND HOPEFULLY WE CAN JUST CONTINUE TO GET EVERYONE SIGNED UP FOR THAT PROGRAM. AS FAR AS LAST COMMENT BY BOARD OF DIRECTORS WE WILL OBVIOUSLY — STAFF IS WORKING ON A REPORT ON THE HANDYMAN PROGRAM THAT WE'LL BE PRESENTING TO YOU AND FOR FURTHER DISCUSSION BEFORE THE BUDGET EVER GETS PUT TOGETHER.

WE'RE ALMOST NEARING COMPLETION OF THAT AT THE STAFF LEVEL. THEN WITH REGARDS TO — BOTH MYSELF AND SIOBHAN WILL WORK WITH KURT TO SEE IF WE CAN'T EVALUATE THAT IF THERE'S ANY ADDITIONAL THINGS THAT NEED TO BE DONE. >> THANK YOU. I'D LIKE TO MAKE TWO COMMENTS ON THINGS THAT MR. PARKER TALKED ABOUT. NUMBER ONE, PEOPLE HAVE COME TO ME WITH THE RFID PROGRAM SAY, I HAVE A DECAL ON MY WINDOW. I DON'T NEED TO GO BUY AN RFID THE DECAL THAT YOU GOT THAT HAS THE NINE ON IT NOW ON YOUR WINDSHIELD IS NOT AN RFID. IT WILL NOT OPEN THE GATES.

THERE SEEMS TO BE SOME CONFUSION AS BETWEEN THE TWO. SECONDLY, ON THE I5 MEETING WE HAD A MEETING AT CITY HALL LAST YEAR AND THERE WERE FIVE ALTERNATIVES THAT WERE OFFERED THEN IN RESPNSE TO SOME OF THE QUESTIONS THAT I'VE GOTTEN IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN. WE CANNOT STOP IT, THE TRANSPORTATION, THAT IS IN THEIR BUDGET, THAT IS IN THEIR PLAN ALL WE CAN DO TRY TO PUT SOME IN PUT INTO THE PHASE THAT THEY DO HOW THEY DO IT. I ENCOURAGE PEOPLE WHO ARE INTERESTED AND GOING TO AFFECT THE VILLAGE TO GO THERE. NOW A LOT OF THIS JUST TO GIVE YOU A LITTLE BACKGROUND CAME ABOUT WHEN WE WERE GOING TO HAVE THE NEW LAGUNA MALL THEY FELT THEY NEEDED MORE ACCESS AND EGRESS INSTEAD THEY'RE BUILDING CONDOS GOING TO NEED IT EVEN MORE. BUT WHAT I FOUND IN ATTENDING THESE MEETINGS IS THAT THEY DON'T CONSIDER LAGUNA WOODS VILLAGE WHICH IS A HUGE DEMOGRAPHIC AND CERTAINLY OUR AGE GROUP, ET CETERA, HAS JUST NOT REALLY BEEN TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION WITH A LOT THAT THEY DO.

WE NEED TO GET OUT THERE MAKE OUR VOICES HEARD. I ENCOURAGE YOU TO GO TO THAT MEETING. [ INAUDIBLE ] THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT WIDENING I 5 WHICH MAY TAKE UP SOME OF OUR AREA ON CARLOTTA. THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT DIFFERENT KINDS OF ENTRANCES AND EXITS TO THE FREEWAY WHICH ARE GOING TO BE A CONSTRUCTION PROJECT THAT THEY'RE ESTIMATING THREE YEARS THAT IS GOING TO AFFECT US: MAYBE WE START THINKING ABOUT COMING IN ON LAKE FOREST OR SOMETHING BECAUSE IT'S GOING TO AFFECT BOTH EL TORO ROAD. DEFINITELY CARLOTTA THE FREEWAY EXITS. ANYWAY, MORE INFORMATION. I MIGHT ALSO SAY IN "THE GLOBE" THERE WAS FULL PAGE AD THAT LAST WEEK, A LITTLE WILT BIT OF MISINFORMATION FOR MORE INFORMATION AND CHARTS GO TO THE LAGUNA WOODS LIBRARY IT GAVE TE ADDRESS BUT IT'S NOT OUR LIBRARY IT'S THE LIBRARY KIOSK THAT IS AT CITY HALL SO YOU GO TO OUR LIBRARY OVER BY CLUBHOUSE ONE THEY DO NOT HAVE THAT INFORMATION.

JUST TO LET YOU KNOW, WENT THROUGH THIS ON SATURDAY, I DO THE LIBRARY ON SATURDAYS. ALL RIGHT, LET'S LOOK AT THE CONSENT CALENDAR. WE HAVE — EXCUSE ME? YES, ANDRE? >> A NEW RESIDENT CAME TO ME WHY DO THEY NEED TO PAY $5 FOR THE DECAL — FOR THE I.D. ON THE HEADLIGHTS. >> THE RFID? >> YES, THE RFID, WHY DO THEY HAVE TO PAY THAT. WHY ISN'T THAT INCLUDED IN THE WHOLE PAYMENT IN THE BEGINNING AND THEY GOT THIS — THEY BOUGHT NEW UNIT HERE, THEY HAVE TO HAVE RFID TO COME IN TO THE GATESY DO THEY HAVE TO BE CHARGED $25? SO THAT WAS THE QUESTION THAT WAS ASKED, CAN WE RESPOND TO THAT QUESTION? >> MY UNDERSTANDING IS THAT IT WAS — WHEN STAFF LOOKS BACK AT IT, IT WAS JUST THE COST FOR DEVELOPING THE STICKER, IT IS A VERY INTRICATE STICKER THAT HAS WIRING SYSTEM IN IT AND THE COST OF THAT STICKER AND ADMINISTRATIVE COSTS TO PUT IT TOGETHER IS WHAT CAME TO $25.

>> IT'S A CONVENIENCE IT'S NOT A REQUIREMENT. >> DOES THAT MEAN THEY DON'T NEED IT JUST WAVE THEIR — >> NO, THEY HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE GUEST LANE. >> GO THROUGH THE GUEST LANE. WILL INCREASE OUR WORKLOAD. WHY DON'T WE GIVE THEM AT LEAST ONE RFID. >> BECAUSE THAT'S A COST THAT IS REALLY NOT SOMETHING — >> IT WON'T INCREASE OUR WORKLOAD. WE OBVIOUSLY HAVE PEOPLE AT THE GATES ALREADY. WHAT — BY HAVING THE RFID IT'S GOING TO MAKE IT MORE CONVENIENT >> THE CONVENIENCE FOR RESIDENTS WHO WISH TO BUY IT. ALL RIGHT. LET'S GO ON TO THE CONSENT CALENDAR. I'M SORY. CASH? >> QUESTION FOR OUR CEO. THIS I5 WIDENING AT THAT TIME CAN WE FOR OUR VILLAGE SOME KIND OF NOISE BARRIER FOR THAT ROAD INTO THE PROJECT? >> MY UNDERSTANDING IS, ALTHOUGH I HAVEN'T LOOKED AT THE EXACT PLANS IS THAT THE ONE THAT HAS THE MOST POTENTIAL IMPACT I WOULD SAY ON CARLOTTY IS THE POTENTIAL FLY OVER.

WITH THAT FLY OVER THERE ARE SOUND WALLS THAT WOULD BE INCLUDED BUT THAT COULD BE VIEWED DEPENDING ON HOW YOU WANT TO LOOK AT IT AS NEGATIVE, SOUND WALLS WHERE YOU MAY HAVE EIGHT FOOT WALL NOW THEY MAY BE TEN FOOT OR 12 FOOT WALL. YOUR COMMUNITY BY INCREASINGOF- HEIGHT, IT MAY PROVIDE SOME SOUND ISSUE BUT IT HAS NEGATIVE IMPACT WITH REGARDS TO HOW IT LOOKS AND HOW IT AFFECTS THE COMMUNITY. >> THAT'S WHY IT'S IMPORTANT THAT WE ATTEND THESE MEETINGS AND PUT OUR VIEWS FORWARD AS WE THINK WHAT WOULD BE BEST FOR OUR VILLAGE. CAN WE STILL GO ON TO CONSENT CALENDAR? WE HAVE TWO ITEMS, ARCHITECTURAL CONTROL HAS RECOMMENDATION TO APPROVE ONE. THAT'S A STAIR LIFT ON COMMON AREA STAIRCASE.

THOSE OF YOU THAT ARE FAMILIAR WITH CADIZ KNOWS, I FORGET HOW MANY STEPS GOING UP, QUITE A FEW 20 PLUS. NARROW STAIRWAY.- SOMEBODY WH HAS LIVED THERE FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS AND HAS HA HAD HEALTH PROBLEMS NOW THEY'RE PUTTING IT IN AT THEIR COST IT'S ONE OF THOSE LITTLE STAIR — I'M VERY INTERESTED TO SEE HOW THAT IS GOING TO TURN OUT BECAUSE WE HAVE A NUMBER OF THESE UPSTAIRS. THE WAY IT WORKS THEY PAY FOR IT , BUT THEN THEY TURN IT OVER TO US AND WE MAINTAIN IT, THEN WE OWN IT BUT WE DON'T PAY FOR THE INSTALLATION. THEN FINANCE COMMITTEE HAS RECOMMENDATION FOR TWO LIENS AGAINST MEMBERS WHO ARE DELINQUENT IN THEIR ASSESSMENTS. C IS OUR USUAL 5501 OUR SUB COMMITTEE, GARY AND ELSIE HAVE BEEN DILIGENT IN AUDITING — NOT AUDITING — REVIEWING OUR FINANCES AS ARE REQUIRED UNDER 5501. I WOULD LIKE A MOTION TO APPROVE THE — [ CELL PHONE RINGING ] CONSENT CALENDAR.

ALL RIGHT, CARL. >> I'LL SECOND. [ INAUDIBLE ] >> IT MUST BE FROM OUT THERE. OUR COFFEE POTS ARE NOT ON ANY KIND OF — [ INAUDIBLE ] >> IF YOU'RE INTERESTED, THERE IS NO REQUIREMENT THAT WE INCLUDE IN THE PACKET. IT'S ON A CONSENT CALENDAR. IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN SEEING THE SIGNED COPY YOU'RE MORE THA- [ INAUDIBLE ] I HAVE A MOTION AND A SECOND TO APPROVE THE CONSENT CALENDAR IF EVERYBODY WILL PLEASE VOTE ON THEIR SCREEN. I'M SORRY? WHEN MY VOTE SCREEN COMES UP MY VIEW SPEAKERS GOES OFF. >> THANK YOU, JUANITA. WE HAVE SPECIAL MEETING WITH THE DIRECTORS LAST MONTH TO GO OVER THE INFORMATION THAT WAS AVAILABLE IN THE DIRECTORS' ROOM ON THE COMPUTER LOCATED THERE. WE MET IN THIS ROOM, WHEN WE DISCUSSED IT, IT BECAME CLEAR THAT NOT ALL THE INFORMATION THAT IS REQUIRED BY CIVIL CODE SECTION 5501 WAS BEING PROVIDED.

AND IT WAS ACKNOWLEDGED BY THE CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER THAT WAS PROVIDED THERE.INFORMATION- I CHECKED AS LATE AS YESTERDAY AFTERNOON THERE'S BEEN NO CHANGES. SO MY CONCERN IS THAT YOU ARE GOING TO GO AHEAD AND APPROVE THIS, I'M GOING TO VOTE AGAINST IT OBVIOUSLY BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT COMPLIANT WITH THE LAW. THAT TO ME IS VERY DISTURBING. I DON'T KNOW HOW, FOR EXAMPLE, THE BANK RECONCILIATION, MAYBE THEY CAN TELL ME. MAKE THEY CAN ANSWER IT FOR ME. HOW THEY CAN TRACE ANY OF THAT INFORMATION TO THE BOOKS AND RECORDS BECAUSE IT'S NOT A FULL GENERAL LEDGER YOU CAN'T TRACE ANY BALANCE ON THAT BANK RECONCILIATION, SUPPOSED TO BE THE BOOK BALANCE TO BOOKS BECAUSE LIKE I SAID NOT GENERAL LEDGER.

OTHER THINGS LIKE THAT THAT LOOK FOR, JUST GET REVIEW BUT JUST VERY SIMPLE TO DO THESE THINGS. I WON'T PUT THEM ON THE TO ASK THEM HOW DO DID THEIR REVIEW, IN ORDER TO PUT THIS LANGUAGE IN HERE. THAT IS TO SAY THE LEAST VERY DISTURBING STILL HASN'T BEEN DONE. WE'RE INTO APRIL NOW, TWO MONTHS HAVE ALREADY GONE BY, THANK YOU. >> AGAIN, I CAN'T SEE MY SPEAKERS BECAUSE I HAVE VOTING SCREEN UP THERE, ARE THERE ANY OTHER COMMENTS? IF NOT WOULD YOU VOTE, PLEASE. >> MAY I SK THE TWO REVIEWERS IF THEY HAVE ANY RESPONSE ON THAT? >> MADAM CHAIR, ORDERS OF THE DAY.

>> WE HAVE A MOTION IN PROGRESS. >> WHAT'S THE ORDER OF THE DAY. WE CANNOT ASK QUESTIONS TO CLARIFY — >> MADAM CHAIR, ORDERS OF THE DAY IS THAT WE'RE DEBATING ON WHETHER TO ACCEPT THE CONSENT CALENDAR OR AGENDA AS PROPOSED AND ANYONE CAN PULL ANYTHING OFF THE CONSENT CALENDAR. >> BUT IT HAS NOT BEEN PULLED SO WE'RE JUST ASKING FOR A VOTE. WE HAVE A MOTION AND A SECOND TO ACCEPT THE VOTE. IF YOU'RE UNHAPPY WTH IT PLEASE VOTE NO. AND IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT IT, I ENCOURAGE YOU TO TALK TO OUR TREASURER FOLLOWING THE MEETING. >> SO WE CANNOT ASK QUESTION IN PUBLIC? >> THAT'S NOT DISCUSSION.

>> I THOUGHT THIS IS A BOARD MEETING NOT A CLOSED MEETING. SO OUT OF ORDER MEANS NO DISCUSSION. >> PLEASE VOTE. ALL RIGHT. IT PASSES 8-3 WITH NO ABSTENTION ALL RIGHT, LET'S TO GO ITEM NO. 12 WHICH IS UNFINISHED BUSINESS. THE FIRST ONE IS 12A. A MOTION TO ADOPT A RESOLUTION TO ALLOW GUARANTORS. IT NOW COMPLIES WITH THE CIVIL CODE HAS SATISFIED THE 28 DAY NOTIFICATION. MADAM SECRETARY, WOULD YOU READ. >> THIS IS A LONG ONE. IF THERE ARE MARTS YOU NEED TO SUMMARIZE. >> THIS IS VERY LONG.

DON'T NEED TO GO INTO THE EXHIBITS. UNITED LAGUNA WOODS MUTUAL A NON PROFIT MUTUAL BENEFIT CORPORATION BY VIRTUE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA ORGANIZED FOR THE PURPOSE OF PROVIDING ITS MEMBERS ON NONPROFIT BASIS HOUSING TO SET FORTH IN THE ARTICLES OF CORPORATION AND BYLAWS AND BOARD RESOLUTIONS. THE CORPORATION AMENDED AND RESTATED BYLAS PROVIDE PURPOSE OF THE CORPORATION IS TO AMONG OTHER THINGS MANAGE, MAINTAIN, PRESERVE AND ADMINISTER THE BUSINESS OF A COMMON INTEREST DEVELOPMENT, SPECIFICALLY — THE BYLAWS PROVIDE THAT BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE CORPORATION IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MANAGING THE BUSINESS AND AFFAIRS, EXERCISING ALL CORPORATE POWERS OF THE CORPORATION. WHEREAS UNITED IS — EACH SHAREHOLDER IS GRANTED RIGHT TO SPECIFIC UNIT PURSUANT TO AN OCCUPANCY AGREEMENT TOGETHER WITH OWNERSHIP OF ONE SHARE IN THE COOPERATIVE. PROVIDED EACH SHAREHOLDER MEETS FINANCIAL QUALIFICATIONS SET FORTH IN THE FINANCIAL QUALIFICATIONS POLICY. WHEREAS THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS DESIRES THE ABILITY TO ENTER INTO OCCUPANCY AGREEMENT WITH CERTAIN MEMBERS WHERE BY SAME REQUIRE TO MEET CORPORATION'S FINANCIAL QUALIFICATIONS IN AND CONSISTENT POLICY REGARDING- SAME. NOW THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED MAY 14th, 2019, THAT THE FOLLOWING WILL BE ADOPTED TO ALLOW FOR THE FINANCIAL QUALIFICATION POLICY TO AMEND ACCORDINGLY.

PERSONAL UNCONDITIONAL CONTINUING GUARANTEE AND SECURITY AGREEMENT, THE CORPORATION BY AND THROUGH THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS AUTHORIZE INTO PERSONAL UNCONDITIONAL CONTINUING GUARANTEE SECURITY AGREEMENT IN THE — INCORPORATED HERE IN TO BY REFERENCE THERE TO AND SUCH PERSONAL UNCONDITIONAL CONTINUING GUARANTEE AND SECURITY AGREEMENT WILL BIND THE CORPORATION AND THE GUARANTOR. SPECIFICALLY THE CORPORATION MAY ACCEPT FROM GUARANTOR THE GUARANTEE TO PAY MEMBERS' DEBTS AND/OR OBLIGATIONS SHOULD THE MEMBER DEFAULT OR OTHERWISE FAIL TO PAY DEBT OWED TO THE CORPORATION PURSUANT TO AN EXECUTED PERSONAL UNCONDITIONAL CONTINUING VARIANCE, SECURITY AGREEMENT. WHICH THE CORPORATION MAY REQUIRE AND WHICH SHALL ASSETS PLEDGED BY SUCH GUARANTORS. ANNUAL INCOME OF AT LEAST $90 ,000 AND MARKETABLE OR INCOME PRODUCING ASSETS OF AT LEAST $ 250,000 PLUS THE UNIT PURCHASE PRICE, THIS IS FOR THE GUARANTOR THIS IN ADDITION TO THE PROSPECT OF MEMBERS' MINIMAL ANNUAL INCOME OF AT LEAST $24,000 AND MARKETABLE OR INCOME PRODUCING ASSETS OF AT LEAST $75,000.

THAT IS LOWER THAN THE NORMAL BECAUSE THEY NEED THE GUARANTOR. FURTHER, THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS MAY DO AND PERFORM SUCH OTHER ACTS AND THINGS AS MAY BE REASONABLY NECESSARY IN ORDER TO CARRY INTO AFFECT INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REVISING THE CURRENT FUNDS FINANCIAL QUALIFICATION POLICY TO ALLOW PROSPECTIVE MEMBERS TO MEET THE CORPORATION'S FINANCIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND TO REVISE SUCH DOCUMENTATION AS MAY BE NECESSARY AND APPROPRIATE. BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED THE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS AND AGENTS OF THIS CORPORATION ARE AUTHORIZED TO CARRY OUT THE PURPOSE OF THIS RESOLUTION. I MOVE THIS RESOLUTION. >> DO I HAVE A SECOND? [ INAUDIBLE ] >> WE HAVE A MOTION AND A SECOND AND DISCUSSION, WHAT IS YOUR — [ INAUDIBLE ] >> THERE'S ONE MORE. >> YES, I'D LIKE TO AMEND THE MOTION.

WHERE THE TWO DOTS ARE ON THE BACK SIDE I WOULD LIKE TO PLACE A DOT BEFORE THE TWO DOTS SAYS, GUARANTOR AND ASSETS MUST BE LOCATED IN CALIFORNIA. >> DO I HAVE SECOND TO HER AMEND MENT? [ SPEAKING OFF MICROPHONE ] >> LET'S VOTE ON THE AMENDMENT. >> QUESTION. CARL. >> I HAD READ THIS OVER THE WEEKEND I HAD MADE THAT COMMENT WITH REGARD TO THE FACT THAT CALIFORNIA REQUIREMENT WAS SOMETHING WE ALL AGREED TO YET IT WASN'T — IN THE RESOLUTION.

BUT IT'S ALSO, I THINK IT ALSO SHOULD BE ADDRESSED IN EXHIBIT A THAT'S WHAT THEY'RE ACTUALLY GOING TO SIGN, WHEN I'M SIGNING SOMETHING I LIKE TO MAKE SURE THAT I SIGN SOMETHING THAT ACTUALLY I REA AND I KNOW — TRUTH IN LENDING POLICY THEY DEVELOPED THAT WHOLE THING BECAUSE OF THE FACT THAT PEOPLE HAD HIDDEN CLAUSES THAT THEY WERE SIGNING. SO THERE'S DOUBLE DOT ON THE BOTTOM OF THE SECOND PAGE THERE AND I THINK THAT WE SHOULD ALSO ADD A DOT TO THAT TO INDICATE THE FACT THAT CALIFORNIA IS IN THE MIX. >> OAK. >> THEN I KNOW I HAD THIS QUESTION WITH MAGGIE OVER THE WEEKEND REGARDING THE FIRST PARAGRAPH UP THERE WHERE THEY DELETED THE FACT THAT LAGUNA WOODS VILLAGE WAS IDENTIFIED TO BE THIRD, UNITED AND THE TOWERS AND THEY CHANGED THE WORDING BUT THEY DIDN'T CONTINUE WITH THAT, STILL THE SAME DEFINITION OF WHAT LAGUNA WOODS VILLAGE IS. WHY WOULDN'T WE DO THAT. THIS IS A DOCUMENT THAT EVERYBODY TRIES TO BASICALLY BEAT THE SYSTEM.

SAY, LAUNA WOODS VILLAGE,FICALL- IDENTIFIED AS LIKE IT HAS IN THE PREVIOUS — >> BECAUSE IT'S ONLY FOR UNITED. >> NO. IT'S FOR EVERYTHING. >> NO. IT'S NOT. DOESN'T COVER THIRD. CERTAINLY DOESN'T COVER GRF. ONLY UNITED. >> MY UNDERSTANDING WAS THAT WE — THEY WERE GOING TO BE GUARANTORS HERE AND THEY COULD ONLY GUARANTEE, IN FACT ON TV MAGGIE MENTIONED THAT THAT THEY'RE ONLY GOING TO GUARANTEE ONE UNIT WITHIN LAGUNA WOODS VILLAGE, PERIOD. NOT ONLY WITHIN UNITED. >> THAT'S A UNTED RULE. THIRD DOES NOT HAVE THAT RULE. THEY DO NOT HAVE THAT GUARANTOR THING SO IT DOES NOT COVER THAT. IT ONLY COVERS US. >> THAT'S CORRECT. WHAT I'M SAYING IS, PREVIOUSLY LAGUNA WOODS VILLAGE WAS IDENTIFIED TO BE THIRD, UNITED AND THE TOWERS. NOW YOU'RE SAYING THAT LAGUNA WOODS VILLAGE IS ONLY FOR UNITED ? [ SPEAKING OFF MICROPHONE ] >> IT'S NOT NECESSARY.

WE HAVE SEMANTICS ISSUE. I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'RE SAYING. I THINK IT NEEDS TO BE IDENTIFIED BUT WE'RE SAYING RIGHT NOW YOU'RE SAYING IT DOESN'T NEED TO BE IDENTIFIED BECAUSE IT'S ALLUDED TO THE FACT THAT IT IS THIRD, UNITED AND THE TOWERS. >> ALL RIGHT. OUR NEXT DISCUSSION IS CAH. >> MADAM CHAIR, I DON'T SEE WHY WE NEED TO ADD — ONLY FOR CALIFORNIA ASSETS BECAUSE LOT OF PEOPLE, MEMBERS, ARE NOT ORIGINALLY CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS. THEY CAN MOVE FROM OTHER AREAS. >> THAT'S WHY IT MAKES IT VERY HARD TO COLLECT. >> THAT MAYBE IS THE CASE. WE CANNOT IMPOSE — >> YES, WE CAN. >> IN CALIFORNIA. >> YES. VILLAGE.PROTECTION OF THE- FOR THE PROTECTION OF UNITED. THAT'S ONE OF THE REASONS WE GOT RID OF GUARANTORS IN THE PAST.

ALL RIGHT. ANDRE. >> TO FOLLOW UP ON CASH'S QUESTION WE HAVE ANY STATISTICS PROVING THAT OUT OF STATE GUARANTORS CAUSING US A BIG PROBLEM? >> OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD, NO. BUT I WAS PART OF THE DISCUSSION WHEN WE DID AWAY WITH GUARANTORS BEFORE. ONE OF THE PROBLEMS WE HAD WAS COLLECTING FROM A GUARANTOR WHO IS NOT IN OUR STATE BECAUSE OTHER STATE LAWS DON'T GIVE US THE RIGHT AND PARTICULARLY WE HAD A COUPLE THAT WERE OUTSIDE OF THE COUNTRY.

THOSE WERE REALLY PROBLEMS THAT WE HAD TO WRITE OFF. YOU WANT NUMBERS AS ALWAYS I CAN'T GIVE THEM TO YOU OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD. >> OKAY. SINCE WE ARE IN DISCUSSION ON THIS ISSUE, MY QUESTION AT THIS POINT IS, I UNDERSTAND YOU ARE STATING THE LAW AND DIFFICULTIES BUT IS IT ACTUALLY HAPPENING. IF IT'S NOT HAPPENING NO NEED TO REDUCE — >> CAN'T BE HAPPENING BECAUSE WE HAVEN'T HAD GUARANTORS FOR THE PAST FEW YEARS. >> IN THE PAST THAT'S A TIME WHEN I WAS AGAINST REMOVING THE GUARANTOR BECAUSE NO ONE HAS EVER PRODUCED STATISTICS PROVING THAT IT'S A PROBLEM. WE ARE ADDING THESE UNDUE RESPONSIBILITIES TO THE BUYERS AND REDUCE THE BUYER POOL WHICH REDUCE OUR PRICE. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY WE HAVE TO REDUCE THAT BUYER POOL BECAUSE SOMEBODY'S FEAR. >> ANDRE. VOTE AGAINST IT. >> WELL I UNDERSTAND THAT. >> OUR NEXT SPEAKER IS MARY STONE.

>> MARRY RESTONE, 356C. I BELIEVE THIS IS A SUBSTANTIVE CHANGE SO THAT IF YOU DO VOTE FOR THIS WITH THIS AMENDMENT THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO HAVE ANOTHER 28 DAYS SO YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THE MAY 14th DAY AND ALSO WHEN I LOOKED AT THE EXHIBIT A I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE THIRD PARAGRAPH. THE ONE LINE SCRATCHED — LINE THROUGH.

THEN YOU SAY GUARANTOR FOR UNITED LAGUNA WOODS VILLAGE UNIT MAY NOT BE A GUARANTOR FOR ANY OTHER UNIT IN LAGUNA WOODS VILLAGE. DOESN'T THAT SAY ALMOST THE SAME THING AS WHAT YOU DELETED? I MEAN, I DON'T KNOW THE PURPOSE OF THE DELETION AND THE CHANGE IN VERBIAGE. IF YOU CAN EXPLAIN THAT I WOULD APPRECIATE THAT. I'M LIKE ANDRE, I THINK THAT YOU ARE GOING TO BE LIMITING THE GUARANTORS BY HAVING IT JUST CALIFORNIA BECAUSE A LOT OF US HAVE NO RELATIVES IN CALIFORNIA, THEY ARE ALL IN OTHER STATES.

>> THANK YOU. ALL RIGHT OUR NEXT SPEAKER IS ROBERTA BURKE. ROBERTA BURKE. >> I HAVE SPOKEN ON THIS SUBJECT BEFORE SOME OF YOU, MOST ARE NEW TO ME BUT SOME OF YOU KNOW THAT I'M VERY MUCH IN FAVOR OF GUARANTEES REMAINING. FIRST OF ALL, I'VE LIVED HERE ALMOST 20 YEARS AND THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A PROBLEM AND IT'S BEEN REPEATED TO ME BY BOARD MEMBERS YEAR AFTER YEAR THAT THERE'S BEEN NO PROBLEM. I THINK YOU GOT GLUTTON FOR PUNISHMENT TAKING UP STUFF THAT DOESN'T — IF THERE'S ONE, EVERY TIME THERE'S ONE, EVERYTHING CHANGES FOR EVERYBODY ELSE. ONE OF THE REASONS I'M IN FAVOR OF IT IS BECAUSE NO ONE KNOWS WHAT HAPPENS TO THEIR LIFE TOMORROW AND PEOPLE MAKE ALL KINDS OF PLANS AT OUR AGE, SOMETIMES WE MAY NOT AGREE WITH THEM BUT THEY TAKE MONEY AND THEY PUT THEM IN OTHER PEOPLE'S NAMES AND SO FORTH. FOR TAX PURPOSES OR FOR INHERITANCE PURPOSES OR FOR WHATEVER MAY BE.

IT ISN'T FOR US TO LOOK INTO WHY OR WHY PEOPLE DO OR HAVE JUST FOR US TO BE ABLE TO MAKE LIFE EASIER AT THIS STAGE AND STILL HAVE SOMEWHAT OF A GUARANTEE THAT MAINTENANCE IS GOING TO BE PAID. THE ISSUE THAT I HAVE — ISSUE I HAVE IS THAT I PUT A LOT OF MONEY INTO MY UNIT AND I DID IT CONSIDERING THE FACT THAT ONE OF MY CHILDREN MAY LIVE HERE.

ONE MAY NEED TO HAVE A GUARANTOR BECAUSE HE'S NOT GUARANTEED TO BE ABLE TO INHERIT MY UNIT IF HE DOES NOT HAVE THE FINANCES, THE INCOME NOT A PROBLEM, THE FINANCE TO LIVE IN BEVERLY HILLS I HATE TO TELL YOU WHAT YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR RENT THERE'S NO WAY TO SAVE MONEY. NOW, I HAVE HAD TO REVAMP MY CHILDREN'S FUTURE BECAUSE YOU MADE THIS CHANGE BEFORE AND NOW WE'RE GOING BACK TO IT.

SO I THINK PEOPLE OUT THERE IN OUR COMMUNITIES DIDN'T KNOW THAT IT AFFECTS THEM, TOO. I'M BEEN HERE ALMOST 20 YEARS IT'S NEVER RELLY BEEN A PROBLEM I'VE ATTENDED MANY MEETINGS ON THIS SUBJECT. AND AS I SAID THE REASON THAT I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN TOLD MADE THIS CHANGE, CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG, JUANITA, BECAUSE PEOPLE WERE GUARANTEEING WITH MORE THAN ONE UNIT. WELL, IT WAS MY UNDERSTANDING IT AND SO WHY IS IT OUR FAULT, WHYT DO WE HAVE TO SUFFER THAT BOARDS HAVE ALLOWED THIS TO GO ON IN THE PAST. THERE IS REALLY NO REASON FOR THIS CHANGE TO BE MADE. AND NOW YOU'VE GONE AHEAD AND RESTRICTED AGAIN THE ABILITY OF PEOPLE TO HAVE GUARANTORS BECAUSE WHAT FAMILY MEMBERS WANTS TO TELL THE STATE ALL THEIR FINANCES.

IF THIRD DOESN'T REQUIRE THE STATE TO BE REPORTED TO, THAT UC P FORM TO BE FILLED OUT, WHY DO WE HAVE TO DO IT? THESE PLACES DON'T HAVE — AREN'T WORTH THE SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY. I THINK THAT IT'S TIME TO DO FOR PEOPLE HERE NOT MAKE BUSY WORK TO BE MADE. FOR ALL THE YEARS WHAT YOU HAD SET IN PLACE WORKED, WITH NO PROBLEM WHY ARE WE CHANGING EVERYTHING? IT'S MAKING MORE WORK FOR STAFF, COSTING US MORE MONEY AND MORE COMPLICATIONS FOR THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE HERE AT A STAGE IN LIFE WHEN WE DON'T NEED THESE KIND OF COMPLICATIONS AND STRESS. SO I REALLY HOPE THAT YOU CONSIDER CERTAINLY REMOVING THE UCP THING I THINK THAT IS RIDICULOUS BUT I ALSO THINK THAT YOU CONSIDER MAKING IT A LITTLE BIT EASIER FOR PEOPLE TO HAVE THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS, TAKE THE COMMERCIAL PEOPLE OUT. PEOPLE DON'T HAVE TO MAKE MONEY ON US. BUT OUR CHILDREN CAN HAVE SOME KIND OF COMFORT.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. >> THANK YOU. ALL RIGHT. I THINK WE'VE GOT ALL OUR SPEAKERS. NO? WHO ELSE? MAGGIE. >> OUR ATTORNEY INDICATED THAT RECOVERY FROM OUT OF STATE FUND ING AND OUT OF STATE ASSETS WOULD BE EXPENSIVE FOR THE VILLAGE, FOR UNITED. EXPENSIVE AND DIFFICULT. SO HE SUGGESTED THAT — THERE WERE PEOPLE, I HAD A FRIEND WHO HAD 20 — HE WAS A GUARANTOR FOR 20 UNITS THAT'S WHAT WE HAD IN THE PAST WHEN WE ALLOWED GUARANTORS OF MULTIPLE UNITS. AND 23 THE ECONOMICS TOOK DOWNTURN SEVERAL PEOPLE LOST MONEY HE WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN ABLE TO COVER ALL OF THOSE OR EVEN MAJORITY OF THEM.

THAT'S MY REPLY. THANK YOU. I AGREE WITH MARY THIS IS A SUBSTANTIVE CHANGE THAT WE SUGGESTED IN FACT LAST TIME BUT IT IS NOT PRESENT IN THIS ONE SO I THINK WE SHOULD ACTUALLY PUT THIS OVER — >> IT WILL HAVE TO GO OVER TO THE MAY MEETING. >> THANK YOU. >> I MIGHT MENTION THAT BECAUSE IT'S INTIMATELY INVOLVED, IF YOU WILL, WITH 13B AMENDING THE FINANCIAL QUALIFICATION POLICY, WHICH HAS ALREADY — IS ALREADY BEING POSTPONED 28 DAS FOR MEMBER REVIEW THAT WE CAN DO THESE TWO TOGETHER AT THE MAY MEETING. MAKE THOSE CHANGES. I JUST WANT TO REMIND ROBERTA WE'RE A CO-OP AND A CONDO THERE ARE A LOT OF DIFFERENT RULES. IT DOESN'T WORK WHEN WE OWN THE PROPERTY. OKAY. ANY OTHER — I DON'T HAVE ANYBODY ELSE REQUESTING TO SPEAK IN FAVOR OF ADOPTING THE YOU AR- RESOLUTION TO ALLOW GUARANTORS WITH AS AMENDED, IT WOULD GO ON 28-DAY — [ SPEAKING OFF MICROPHONE ] >> WE'LL DO AMENDMENT FIRST THEN DO IT AS AMENDED.

THIS IS FOR THE AMENDMENT. >> CAN WE RESTATE THE AMENDMENT, PLEASE? >> GUARANTOR AND ASSETS MUST BE LOCATED IN CALIFORNIA. [ SPEAKING OFF MICROPHONE ] >> WE'RE VOTING ON THE AMENDMENT NOW. WE'RE VOTING FOR THE AMENDMENT. ALL RIGHT. AMENDMENT PASSES 7-4. NOW WE WILL VOTE PLEASE ON THE AMENDED MOTION TO MOVE THIS FORWARD TO OUR MAY MEETING WITH THE 28-DAY REVIEW AGAIN.

ALL RIGHT THE AMENDED MOTION DOES NOT PASS WITH FOUR YESES AND SEVEN NAYS. THAT'S ALL. WE WILL NOT ALLOW GUARANTORS AND IT WILL NOT GO FORWARD. >> WE'RE SENDING BACK TO THE COMMITTEE TO STUDY. >> POINT OF ORDER. MADAM CHAIR. >> WHAT WE JUST VOTED ON OR 4-7 WAS THE RESOLUTION TO ALLOW GUARANTORS. IT DID NOT PASS. IT DID NOT SAY SEND IT BACK TO COMMITTEE. THERE'S NO REASON — IF IT DOES NOT PASS SO IT — IT'S A DEAD ISSUE NOW. ALL RIGHT, LET'S GO ON TO — >> POINT OF ORDER. >> POINT OF ORDER. >> NO. >> POINT OF ORDER. >> I TRIED TO EXPLAIN. THE VOTE WAS FOUR YES, 7 NO. TO ALLOW GUARANTORS. THE AMENDED MOTION THAT LOST. THERE FOR IT IS A MOOT POINT. ALL RIGHT. WE'LL GO ON TO 12B. THAT'S A MOTION — >> MAY I IS ASK A PROCEED ISSUE. >> POINT OF ORDER.

>> POINT OF ORDER. IF THE CHAIR DOES NOT RECOGNIZE YOU — >> YOU ASK A PROCEED QUESTION. >> IN THE PAST WE'VE HAD MANY OF THEM GET VOTED NO, VOTED DOWN AND WE SEND IT BACK TO THE COMMITTEE TO RECONSIDER, REVIEW THEM. WHY IS IT DIFFERENT. >> THAT WAS NOT PART OF THE MOTION. PART OF THE MOTION IT WAS — IF IT'S NOT PASSED IT WOULD GO TO — >> POINT OF ORDER. >> BACK TO COMMITTEE THERE'S NO NEED TO GO BACK TO COMMITTEE BECAUSE IT DID NOT PASS. >> WHAT IS THE KEY DIFFERENCE HERE, MAY I ASK? >> THE WORDING.

>> THE WORDING. >> NOBODY ASKED THAT IT GO BACK TO COMMITTEE UNTIL THE MOTION WAS ALREADY VOTED ON. OKAY. LET'S GO ON TO 12B. I'LL ENTERTAIN A MOTION TO RE INTRODUCE THE REVISED PAYMENT PLAN AGREEMENT. RESOLUTION FOR PAYMENT PLAN POLICY. THIS IS FO ASSESSMENTS. WE ALREADY DID THE ONE FOR MONETARY FEES. THAT IS STRICTLY FOR ASSESSMENTS MADAM SECRETARY IF YOU WOULD READ THIS PLEASE. >> WHEREAS ANY MEMBER WHO IS IN ARREARS ON THEIR REGULAR ASSESS MENT — ON REGULAR ASSESS MENT/S, CROSS OFF THE A WHO IS IN ARREARS ON REGULAR ASSESSMENTS IS ENTITLEED TO MAKE A WRITTEN REQEST FOR PAYMENT PLAN TO THE BOARD.

AFTER REVIEW BY THE FINANCE COMMITTEE. WHEREAS A DELINQUENT ASSESSMENT PAYMENT FORM WHICH INCLUDES SEVERAL PAYMENT OPTIONS AND CONDITIONS IS USED TO CREATE AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE DELINQUENT MEMBER AND THE MUTUAL. WHEREAS THE UNITED FINANCE COMMITTEE RECOMMENDS REVISED PAYMENT PLAN AGREEMENT FORM WITH CHANGES SUBMITTED BY LEGAL COUNSEL TO HELP REINFORCE COLLECT SIEVE ACTIVITY THAT WILL OCCUR IF A MEMBER BREACHES THE AGREED TO. WHEREAS THE FINANCE COMMITTEE RECOMMENDS RECOVERY COST ASSOCIATED WITH SETTING UP A úPAT RESOLVED, APRIL 9 — NO.

APRIL 9th, 2019 — THAT'S RIGHT. THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THIS CORPORATION HEREBY INTRODUCES REVISIONS TO THE DELINQUENT ASSESSMENT PAYMENT PLAN AS ATTACHED TO THIS DOVER PRATT RECORD AND INTRODUCING A ONE- TIME SET UP FEE OF $50. RESOLVED FURTHER THAT THE OFFICERS AND AGENTS OF THIS CORPORATION ARE HEREBY AUTHORIZED ON BEHALF OF THE CORPORATION TO CARRY OUT THE PURPOSE OF THIS RESOLUTION. I MOVE THIS RESOLUTION. >> DO I HAVE A SECOND? THANK YOU, CARL. IT'S BEEN MOVED AND SECONDED. THAT THE REVISED PAYMENT PLAN AGREEMENT FORM AND PAYMENT PLAN POLICY FOR ASSESSMENTS BE APPROVED, IS THERE ANY DISCUSSION? SUE? >> I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE FORM ATTACHED TO THE — WE ASKED THEM TO PUT A FORM WITH IT SHOWING HOW THE FINANCES WOULD BE AND IT ISN'T ATTACHED TO IT.

AT LEAST IT WAS NOT WHEN I GOT MY PACKAGE. I DID GET MEMO FROM MENTIONED FROM BETTY THAT SHE HAD PREPARED IT BUT I HAVE NOT SEEN IT. >> PAGE 10 AND 11. >> IT IS AVAILABLE BUT WE HAVE ONE THAT FITS ALL SIZES IT'S VERY DIFFICULT. DIFFICULT FOR PEOPLE TO DO THEIR THING. WE DO HAVE ONE AND CORPORATE SECRETARY. >> BETTY PROVIDED IT TO ME THIS MORNING.

I BELIEVE IT'S UP ON YOUR SCREEN RIGHT NOW. >> I'D LIKE TO HAVE THAT ATTACHED TO THE FORM WITH THE WORD "SAMPLE" ACROSS IT IF POSSIBLE SO PEOPLE SEE WHAT THEY SHOULD BE RECEIVING AS WELL AS WHEN THEY FILL OUT THE FORM. >> WOULD YOU LIKE TO MAKE AN AMENDMENT TO THE MOTION. >> I'D LIKE TO MAKE AN AMENDMENT THIS THIS FORM BE ATTACHED WITH THE WORD "SAMPLE" ACROSS IT SO PEOPLE KNOW WHAT THEY SHOULD BE SEEING WHEN THEY RECEIVE THE FORM. >> ALL RIGHT, IT'S BEEN MOVED AND SECONDED. WE HAVE AN AMENDMENT TO ADD THIS FORM TO THE PAYMENT PLAN AGREEMENT AND THE PAYMENT PLAN POLICY AND IT WOULD BE PUT IN THE MINUTES AS SUCH. ANY OTHER QUESTIONS? [ SPEAKING OFF MICROPHONE ] >> IT'S UP ON YOUR SCREEN.

SAMPLE OF A PAYMENT PLAN. >> SAMPLE. >> ALL RIGHT. IS THERE ANY OTHER DISCUSSION? ANDRE? >> YES. I'M LOOKING AT A SCHEDULE I'M NOT SURE IF I AM CETAIN KIND OFF PAYMENT SCHEDULE WHICH SHOULD I USE OR HOW DO I INTERPRET THIS ONE? WHY ARE THERE 504 THEN 586.13. >> THAT'S WHY I'M AGAINST ADDING THIS TO IT IT'S CONFUSE UNTIL YOU GET YOUR PAYMENT PLAN. IF YOU HAVE A PAYMENT PLAN THEN IT WOULD MAKE SENSE AND YOU WOULD BE ABLE TO FIGURE IT OUT. >> I TINK THERE IS A WAY OF DISPLAYING THIS TYPE OF THING TO ASSUME YOU OWE $100 AND YOU WILL HAVE PAYMENT CALCULATION PERIOD OF FIVE OR SIX.

HOW MUCH YOU PAY FOR EACH MONTH. THAT IS STANDARD PRACTICE. ASSUME $100. IT'S NOT FOR EVERYONE BUT WHEN YOU GET $100 YOU WILL HAVE GOOD IDEA AS FAR AS WHAT YOU NEED, A THOUSAND DOLLARS OR TEN MILLION DOLLARS OR WHATEVER NUMBER. >> NO. I REALLY BELIEVE PEOPLE ARE GOING TO READ THIS THINK THAT IT'S ONLY IF YOU OWE A HUNDRED DOLLARS. I'D LIKE TO CALL BETTY UP TO THE LECTURN, CAN YOU SPEAK TO THIS, PLEASE. >> SO THE RECOMMENDATION FROM THE FINANCE COMMITTEE WAS THAT IF THE PAYMENT PLAN IS APPROVED THAT WHEN THAT APPROVAL GOES BACK TO THE MEMBER IT INCLUDES AN ATTACHED AMORTIZATION SCHEDULE PERTINENT TO THEIR PROPOSED PAYMENT PLAN SO THAT THEY CAN SEE THIS IS WHAT WAS AGREED TO, IF YOU KEEP TO THE TERMS OF THE PAYMENT PLAN THIS IS WHAT IT WILL LOOK LIKE.

MY ONLY CONCERN ABOUT ATTACHING A SAMPLE UP FRONT, THAT'S ONLY ONE OF THE OPTIONS. AS YOU CAN SEE HERE THERE'S AN OPTION FOR A LUMP SUM PAYMENT PLAN. OR TO PAY THROUGH ESCROW. OR THEY MIGHT RECOMMEND SOMETIMES LIKE, I CAN PAY 600 NOW AS A LUMP SUM. SO AMORTIZED MOWLY PAYMENT PLAN IS ONLY ONE OF THE OPTION — BUT WE DEFINITELY HAVE RECOMMENDATION FROM THE FINANCE COMMITTEE TO INCLUDE A RELEVANT AMORTIZATION OR — >> AS PART OF THE PACKAGE FOR THE PAYMENT PLAN.

>> RIGHT. >> THANK YOU. >> MAY I ASK WHAT IS ASSUMPTION OF THIS CHART SCHEDULE? >> THIS ONE IS BASED ON OUR MONTHLY — >> I'M ASKING THE STAFF, SORRY. >> MAKES THEIR OWN — THEY LOOK AT WHAT THEY CAN HANDLE IN ADDITION TO PAYING THEIR MONTHLY , TO BE ON PAYMENT PLAN YOU HAVE TO STAY CURRENT WITH YOUR MONTHLY ASSESSMENT AND SO EACH PAYMENT PLAN IS UNIQUE AND HAS ITS OWN TIME PERIOD. >> WHAT IS THE ASSUMPTION FOR THIS CHART? YOU HAVE 504.5500 MUST BE SOME ASSUMPTION THAT YOU GET TO THIS NUMBER, RIGHT? >> THAT'S OUR BASIC ASSESSMENT. >> THIS IS VISUALLY SHOWING A MONTHLY ASSESS. >> SO THE MONTHLY ASSESSMENT ASSUMING $500 OR 504.50? >> I CAN'T READ THE NUMBERS FROM HERE. JUST SHOWING EXAPLE OF HOW THE INTEREST, SIMPLE INTEREST CALCULATED AGAINST MONTHLY ASSESSMENT IT DOES NOT — >> WHAT IS THE BASIC NUMBER, WHAT IS THE INTEREST. >> IT'S 1%. >> WHAT IS BASIC AMOUNT THAT THEY OWE IN ORDER TO HAVE COME TO THIS MONTHLY ASSESSMENT, MONTHLY — >> ANDRE THAT CHANGES FOR EVERY RESIDENT BECAUSE PROPERTY TAXES IS ADDED ON.

WE CANNOT HAVE JUST ONE. EVERYBODY WE HAVE A BASIC ASSESS MENT — >> I'M NOT ASKING — >> YOU MISINTERPRET ME. YOU MISUNDERSTAND MY QUESTION. MY QUESTION FOR THIS MEMBER, 504 , CALCULATION PERIOD, FOR OCTOBER IS 504.5 WHAT IS — >> IT'S A SAMPLE. >> WHAT IS THE BASIC AMOUNT OF THE SAMPLE? >> IT' A SAMPLE. THAT'S WHY I THINK THIS CHART IS MISLEADING AND WOULD BE DIFFICULT FOR PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND. THEY SHOULD GET ONE WITH THEIR PAYMENT PLAN, INDIVIDUALIZED TO WHAT THEY HAVE. >> HOW DO WE KNOW IT'S CORRECT? >> ANDRE? THANK YOU. [ SPEAKING OFF MICROPHONE ] GARBAGE IN, GARBAGE OUT. IF OUR STAFF CANNOT — WHAT IS THE BASIC ASSUMPTION? HOW CAN WE TRUST THIS? >> POINT OF ORDER. >> ALL RIGHT. SUE. >> I WAS ASSUMING THAT THEY WOULD PUT A CHART TOGETHER BASED ON A THOUSAND DOLLARS BEING OUTSTANDING AND THEN WE WOULD SEE WHAT THEY WOULD HAVE TO ADD ON TO THEIR BASIC MONTHLY CHARGE NOT ONE BASED ON THEIR ASSESS MENT.

THIS DOESN'T SHOW — THIS SHOWS THAT IF YOU OWE YOUR ASSESSMENT. >> THIS IS CHART THAT WAS REVIEWED AT FINANCE. THIS PARTICULAR SAMPLE SHOWS THAT HE'S DELINQUENT $3,600.14S AS OF 2013, CORRECT? >> IF THAT WAS PAID OVERTIME — >> IT'S GOING TO BE PAID OVERTIME. CORRECT. >> I WANT TO BE SURE THEY WHAT I ASKED FOR WASHOWS.- TO ME, YOU WOULD BE DOING THAT AT AN INTEREST RATE OF WHAT I WAS ASKING FOR. >> WE DON'T CHARGE INTEREST WITH INTEREST. IT'S NOT COMPOUNDING INTEREST. >> IN MONTH TWO — >> 12%. >> POINT OF ORDER. IF THE AMENDMENT HAS BEEN REMOVED — >> WE ARE SHOATE VOTING ON A MON MADE BY MAGGIE AND SECONDED BY CARL. CAN WE GET OUR VOTING SCREEN, PLEASE? >> MY COMMENT ON THE ORIGINAL ONE IS, WE DON'T KNOW HOW FINANCE IS CHARGING OUR MONEY — CHARGING THE DELINQUENT AMOUNT.

>> POINT OF ORDER. >> MADAM CHAIRWOMAN, CAN I SPEAK? >> NO. >> WHY NOT? >> YOUR QUESTION IS NOT RELEVANT. >> WHAT MAKES YOU THINK IT'S IRRELEVANT? >> ARGUMENT. LET'S PUT IT THAT WAY. IT'S BEEN ANSWERED IN FINANCE. I HAVE ONE MR. SPEAKER. DICK RAIDER, DID YOU WANT TO SPEAK? >> NO.

>> SORRY. LET'S VOTE, PLEASE, ON 12B. >> I REMOVED THAT FROM THE AGENDA. >> YOU DID? >> YES. >> 12B. W WAS REMOVED. WE ARE VOTES ON 12B AS READ BY IT PASSES EIGHT YES AND THREE NO. >> POINT OF ORDER. >> WE'LL GO ON TO ITEM 13, NEW BUSINESS. THESE ARE THE FIRST READINGS OF THINGS THAT GO ON 28 DAY REVIEW AND BE BROUGHT BACK AT OUR MAY MEETING FOR FINAL VOTE. THE FIRST IS A MOTION TO INTRODUCE A RESOLUTION TO REVISE THE FEES FOR GOLF CART CHARGING VIOLATIONS. >> WHEREAS THE BOARD ADOPTED RESOLUTION 136 GOLF CART POLICY AND PROCEDURE TO INCLUDE FINES FOR UNPERMITTED GOLF CARTS USING MUTUAL ELECTRICITY WHEREAS SITES AND CHARGING DEVICES CREATE A TRIP HAZARD AND CAUSES THE PROPERTY TO BE UNSAFE AND THIS EXPOSES THE CORPORATION TO A RISK OF LIABILITY AND EXPOSES PERSONS ON THE PROPERTY TO RISK PERSONAL INJURY, AND THEREFORE IT BE RESOLVED ALL GOLF CART BATTERY CHARGES MUST BE ELEVATED SIX INCHES FROM THE FLOOR.

BE IT RESOLVED 5 AND IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY, RESIDENTS FIND WITH UNATTENDED GOLF CART CHARGES NOT A MINIMUM OF SIX INCHES ABOVE THE FLOOR ARE SUBJECT TO FINES. BE IT RESOLVED APRIL 9, 2019, THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS REGARDS THE PROVISIONS TO THE POLICY AND PROCEDURES TO SCHEDULE TRAFFIC PENALTIES AS ATTACHED TO THE OFFICIAL MINUTES OF THIS MEETING. BASICALLY, THE FEE WILL BE RAISED FROM $50 TO $100 FOR PLUGGING IN YOUR GOLF CART WITHOUT A PERMIT.

NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED THAT THE CORPORATION STAFF IS AUTHORIZED TO TAKE ACTION AND ENFORCE THIS REUZ HRAOUGS BY CITING OCCUPANTS AND GUESTS FOUND IN VIOLATION REVOLVE FURTHER 011-7137 OCTOBER 17, 2017 CANCELED AND RESOLVE FURTHER THAT THE OFFICERS AND AGENTS OF THIS CORPORATION ARE AUTHORIZED TO CARRY OUT THIS RESOLUTION AS WRITTEN. I MOVE THIS RESOLUTION. >> DO YOU HAVE A 1EBGD? >> SECOND. >> IT'S MOVED AND SECONDED. DISCUSSION? CASH? ON MY COPY PAGE FIVE OF SIX, THE MENTION OF $100 IS SCRATCHED OFF. >> THAT'S RIGHT. THIS JUST REFERS TO THE NEW CHART. THE CHART IS ON THE PRECEDING PAGE, AND YOU ARE LOOKING — >> OKAY.

>> AT PARKING VIOLATIONS, THIRD ONE DOWN. >> THANK YOU. >> IT SAYS THE SCHEDULE OF TRAFFIC AND MONETARY PENALTIES. ALL RIGHT. ANDRE? >> READING THIS RESOLUTION, THE WHEREAS CORD PLUGS AND CHARGING DEVICES CAUSE A TRIP HAZARD AND CAUSE UNSAFE CONDITIONS, IF IT'S ON THE FLOOR, WE CONSIDER IT TO BE A TRIP HAZARD. WE REQUIRE THEM TO RAISE THE NEXT ONE, NOW BE IT RESOLVED ALL BATTERIES MUST BE CHARGED MINIMUM SIX INCHES FROM THE FLOOR. IT'S RAISED SIX INCHES FROM THE FLOOR. WHICH ONE IS EASIER TO GET TRIPPED? WHY ARE WE MAKING THE DECISION THAT IF WE RAISE IT, IT'S SAFE, AND IF IT'S NOT RAISED, IT'S NOT SAFE.

>> IT'S EASIER SEEN, FOR ONE THING, AND IT PREVENTS WATER DAMAGE. >> THAT'S NOT STATED IN THE RESOLUTION. >> IT'S STATED IN THE ORIGINAL. >> ALL RIGHT. MAGGIE? >> THE ORIGINAL HAS THIS. THIS IS HOW THEY MUST BE STORED OR THE BATTERY SHORTS OUT IF IT GETS WET. IT'S BEEN SIX INCHES REUIREMENT OFF OF THE FLOOR FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS SINCE THEY DISCOVERED IT. THE ONLY QUESTION ON THIS IS THAT IT RAISES THE FEE FROM $50 TO $100. I WILL EXPLAIN THAT. IT IS — WE HAVE PEOPLE THAT BUY GOLF CARTS AND PLUG IT IN, AND THEY DON'T BOTHER TO TO GET PERMITS AND THEY HOPE TO GET AWAY WITH IT, AND THEY DO UNTIL SOMEONE REALIZES THEY DON'T HAVE THE STICKER TO SHOW THEY PAID THEIR GOLF CHARGING FEE.

THEY PAY $50 AND DON'T GET A STICKER AND CARRY ON. THIS IS NOT GOOD. MUST BUY THE STICKER WITHIN AY- MONTH OR A COUPLE OF WEEKS ALSO. THIS IS TO GET THEM TO BUY THE STICKER AND PAY $100 FOR CATCHING THEM WITHOUT A STICKER. SO THE PURPOSE OF THE RESOLUTION HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH TRIP HAZARD. >> NO, WE DON'T WANT FOUR GOLF CART RESOLUTIONS. WE WANT ONLY ONE. THIS IS THE COMPLETE RESOLUTION >> SO IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT YOU INTEND TO DO. >> I DON'T SEE ANY OTHER SPEAKERS. IF WE COULD HAVE THE VOTING SCREEN, PLEASE? WHO ARE WE MISSING? THERE WE GO. IT PASSES NINE YESES, ONE NO, AND ONE ABSTENTION. ALL RIGHT, WE'LL GO ON TO 13B. 13B IS TO ENTERTAIN A MOTION TO INTRODUCE THE AMENDED FINANCIAL QUALIFICATION POLICY, AND THIS WILL BE POSTPONED 28 DAYS TO COMPLY WITH CIVIL CODE. WOULD YOU READ THAT, PLEASE? >> COMMUNITY PROPERTY CONSIDERATION. THIS IS COMMUNITY PROPERTY SPOUSAL TYPE COMMUNITY PROPERTY, NOT COMMUNITY PROPERTY AS IN CORPORATE PROPERTY. THANK YOU. >> WHEREAS UNITED LAGUNA WOODS MUTUAL HERE IN AFTER UNITED CORPORATION IS NONPROFIT CORPORATION BENEFIT CORPORATION UNDER THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, ORGANIZE AND PROVIDING MEMBERS WITH COOPERATIVE NONPROFIT BASIS PURSUANT TO THE PROVISIONS IN THE CORPORATION AND BY LAWS AND BOARD RESOLUTIONS WHE WHEREAS TE CORPORATION BY LAWS PROVIDE THE PURPOSE TO AMONG OTHER THINGS MANAGE, MAINTAIN AND ADMINISTER THE BUSINESS OF COMMON INTERESTS, SPECIFICALLY THE STOCK COOPERATIVE WHEREAS THE BY LAWS PROVIDE THAT THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MANAGING THE BUSINESS AND AFFAIRS AND EXERCISING THE POWERS OF THE CORPORATION.

UNITED IS THE STOCK COOPERATIVE WHEREAS THE SHA SHAREHOLDER MEMR IS GRANTED THE RIGHT TO A CERTAIN UNIT TOGETHER WITH OWNERSHIP OF ONE SHARE IN THE COOPERATIVE, PROVIDED EACH SHAREHOLDER MEETS FINANCIAL QUALIFICATIONS SET FORTH IN THE FINANCIAL QUALIFICATION POLICY WHEREAS THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS DECIDES THE CONSISTENT POLICY REGARDING COMMUNITY PROPERTY DEPRECIATION AND CAPITAL GAINS CONSIDERATION. BE IT RESOLVED APRIL 9, 2019, THE FOLLOWING RESOLUTION IS INTRODUCED BY THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS.

NUMBER ONE, REGARDING COMMUNITY PROPERTY ASSET FORT IN THE POLICY, 52318 MARITAL COMMUNITY PROPERTY IS SKPRAOUDED FROM ASSETS TO BE CONSIDERED IN ORDER TO MEET FINANCIAL QUALIFICATIONS. THIS WOULD NO BE TRUE IF IT'S THE TWO MARITAL PARTNERS WHO ARE BUYING. LIKEWISE, COMMUNITY PROPERTY IS NOT CONSIDERED A PROSPECTIVE MEMBER PURCHASING A UNIT AS HIS OR HER SOLE PROPERTY. CONSIDERATION OF THE COMMUNITY PROPERTY ASSETS OR CONTRIBUTIONS TO PURCHASE THE UNIT, ALBEIT AS SOLE PROPERTY MAY TRANSFER TO COMMUNITY PROPERTY. BE IT THEREFORE RESOLVED THAT THE OFFICERS AND AGENTS OF THE CORPORATION ARE AUTHORIZED TO CARRY OUT THE PURPOSE OF THE RESOLUTION. I MOVE THE RESOLUTION. >> DO I HAVE A SECOND? THANK YOU, CASH. I WOULD LIKE TO POINT OUT LOOKING BACK AT THE STAFF REPORT THAT THERE ARE TWO OTHER CHANGES THAT DIDN'T GET INTO THIS RESOLUTION.

PERHAPS WE NEED A SEPARATE MOTION OR RESOLUTION TO COVER A CAPITAL GAINS EARNINGS AND THE RENTAL PROPERTY DEPRECIATION. THIS COVERS THE COMMUNITY PROPERTY ISSUE, AND THERE ARE THREE ISSUES AS SAID HERE TWO OF EIGHT OF 13B, APPROVAL OF THE THREE CHANGES OUTLINED ABOVE WILL RESULT IN CLARIFICATION OF ASSET REQUIREMENTS ESTABLISHED BY UNITED MUTUAL AND CODIFY THE PRACTICES DOCUMENTED — NOT DOCUMENTED WITHIN THE POLICY. WE ARE TRYING TO DOCUMENT EVERYTHING BECAUSE WE HAVE PEOPLE WHO SAY SHOW IT TO ME IN WRITING. WE WANT TO MAKE SURE WE DOCUMENT EVERYTHING WE CAN. THE RESOLUTION THAT MAGGIE HAS MADE A MOTION FOR AND CASH HAS SECONDED IS STRICTLY THE COMMUNITY PROPERTY CONSIDERATION. LET'S VOTE ON THAT FIRST. THEN, I'LL ENTERTAIN A MOTION ON THE CAPITAL GAINS AND RENTAL PROPERTY DEPRECIATION. [SPEAKER OFF MICROPHONE ] >> I THINK THAT OUGHT TO BE ADDED IN THERE. >> MOVE TO AMEND IT TO SAY — WHERE ARE YOU? THE LAST SENTENCE TO MEET QUALIFICATIONS AND ADD "COMMA, UNLESS BOTH MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY ARE APPLICANTS." I THINK THE LAST SENTENCE IS EXCELLENT.

>> NO, ONLY WHEN ONE PARTNER IS PURCHASING. >> NO. SECOND SENTENCE. I PUT "UNLESS." YOU WANT TO PUT A POSITIVE EXCLUSIONARY PHRASE, THEN? >> OKAY. EITHER WAY. YOU GOT IT. IT SAYS IN THE NEXT SENTENCE UNIT AS HIS OR HER SOLECHASING – PROPERTY. >> NOT CLEAR THAT, THAT IS A CAVEAT. IF WHEN YOU USE COMMUNITY PROPERTY TO QUALIFY FOR PROPERTY TO BE SOLD AND SEPARATE PROPERTY, THE FACT OF USING THAT COMMUNITY PROPERTY WOULD TRANSFORM THE SOLE PROPERTY INTO COMMUNITY PROPERTY. THAT'S WHAT THAT MEANS.

IT'S LIKE CO-MINGLING, IF YOU WILL. >> THAT'S WHAT THE THIRD SENTENCE SAYS. EXCUSE ME, YOU ARE RIGHT. IT'S EXPLANATORY OF THE SECOND SENTENCE. YOU ARE RIGHT. IT'S GOOD. >> LEAVE IT. >> MEET QUALIFICATIONS ONLY WHEN ONE PERSON IS PURCHASING. IT'S EXTRA CLARIFICATION. ALL RIGHT. THAT AMENDMENT WAS PUT FORTH BY ELSIE AND SECONDED BY DIRECTOR ARMENDARIS. ARE THERE DISCUSSIONS — SORRY, ANTHONY? >> THANK YOU, MADAM CHAIRWOMAN.

I WAS GOING TO TAKE A DIFFERENT TACT AND RECOMMEND THAT WE REFER BACK TO COMMITTEE. HOPEFULLY, WE DON'T HAVE TO DO THAT. LET'S VOTE ON THE AMENDMENT FIRST. THE AMENDMENT IS TO ADD THE WORDING >> "ONLY WHEN ONE PARTNER IS PURCHASING." >> ALL THOSE IN FAVOR? THE AMENDMENT PASSES WITH NINE YESES, ONE NO, AND ONE ABSTAIN. NOW THE AMENDED MOTION — WE'LL VOTE ON THE AMENDED MOTION, THE MOTION AS AMENDED. >> THE AMENDED MOTION PASSES 1 11-0.

>> SINCE YOU ARE ALO CHAIR OF DOCUMENT REVIEW, DO YOU WANT TO TAKE THE OTHER TWO THINGS ON CAPITAL GAINS AND RENTAL PROPERTY BACK TO YOUR COMMITTEE THOSE?E A MOTION TO APPROVE- WH WOWHAT WOULD YOU DO? >> THEY ARE NOT IN THE WE SHOULD SEND IT BACK TO THE COMMITTEE AND PUT IT IN THE RESOLUTION FORM. WE DON'T NEED A RESOLUTION TO DO THAT SINCE WE DIDN'T HAVE ONE HERE. WE ARE NOW ON ITEM 14, COMMITTEE REPORTS. WE BEGIN WITH THE FINANCE COMMITTEE.

>> IS THERE A WAY TO GET SOMETHING BACK ON THE DISCUSSION? >> IT'S A YEAR. >> I DON'T BELIEVE IT'S A YEAR. >> I DON'T BELIEVE IT'S A YEAR TOO. >> WE'LL INVESTIGATE AND SEE WHAT THE TIMELINE IS. >> I VOTED AGAINST IT, BUT I WOULDN'T HAVE IF I HAD KNOWN IT WOULD BE A YEAR TO GET IT BACK. >> MADAM CHAIRWOMAN, ACCORDING TO ROBERT'S RULES, IT CAN BE RECONSIDERED. I DON'T KNOW ABOUT OUR BY LAW. >> I JUST KNOW COMMON AREA LAND USE. >> I BELIEVE GRF PRESIDENT SAYS ABOUT DINING ROOM COSTS, THEY INTRODUCE A DIFFERENT PERCENTAGE AND THEY PASSED IT. ALSO, I BELIEVE — >> IT WAS A DIFFERENT MOTION. >> THE FINAL VOTE IS DIFFERENT FROM THE INITIAL VOTE. THE INITIAL RESOLUTION. WHEN WE REINTRODUCE THE RESOLUTION WE INTRODUCED AND VOTE ON THAT BECAUSE THAT'S NOT THE ONE WE FINALLY VOTE ON. >> IF YOU WANT TO REINTRODUCE THE RESOLUTION, THAT WOULD BE FINE. >> RIGHT, IT IS A DIFFERENT ONE.

>> YOU ARE NOT RECOGNIZED. WE ARE GOING ON TO COMITTEE REPORTS. DIRECTOR MORRISON WILL REPORT FROM THE FINANCE COMMITTEE. >> OKAY, SLIDE ONE. THIS IS THE REPORTING PERIOD OF FEBRUARY 28, 2019, TOTAL REVENUE FOR UNITED 7,049,000 COMPARED O EXPENSES $6,485,000, NET REVENUE $559,000. SLIDE TWO, PLEASE. IN FINANCE, WE KEEP A CLOSE EYE ON THE OPERATING PORTION OF THE FINANCIAL RESULTS. THE OPERATING FUND WITHOUT DEPRECIATION CHOSE AN OPERATING SURPLUS OF $349,000 THROUGH THE REPORTING PERIOD. THIS CHARGE SHOWSES HOW MUCH REVENUE WENT INTO OPERATIONS, $4,674,000 FROM ASSESSMENTS AND $238,000 FROM NON-ASSESSMENT REVENUE. THIS IS COMPARED TO OPERATING EXPENDITURES $4,598,000. AFTER BACKING OUT DEPRECIATION, WHICH IS NOT FUNDED THROUGH OPERATIONS, WE CAN SEE A BOTTOM LINE OPERATING SURPLUS OF $349,000. EXCUSE ME. SLIDE THREE, PLEASE. THIS CHART SHOWS THE SAME FIGURES FROM THE INCOME STATEMENT BUT COMPARED TO BUDGET SO WE CAN SEE UNITED ENDED THE PERIOD BETTER THAN BUDGET $805,000.

ASSESSMENT REVENUE, $6,695,000, VARY KWRAEUPBS OF $217,000. OUR NON-ASSESSMENT REVENUES, $308,000, BUDGET $286,000, WITH A VARIANCE OF $22,000. THEREFORE, TOTAL REVENUE OF 7,000,000, $44,000, AGAINST BUDGET $6,805,000 RESULTING IN A VARIANCE OF $239,000. OUR TOTAL EXPENSES, $6,485,000 COMPARED TO BUDGET $751 MILLION, VARIANCE OF $666,000. NET REVENUE, $559,000. BUDGET, MINUS $246,000, SO OUR VARIANCE IS $805,000. SLIDE FOUR, PLEASE. THE MOST SIGNIFICANT FAVORABLE VARIANCES FROM BUDGET WERE ATTRIBUTED TO OUTSIDE SERVICES, WHICH MAINLY IS TIMING. BUDGETS ARE SPREAD EVENLY AND CERTAIN RESERVE EXPENDITURES WILL OCCUR LATER IN THE YEAR.

AN EXAMPLE OF THAT MIGHT BE TREE TRIMMING. UTILITIES AND TELEPHONE, LESS WATER USAGE FOR IRRIGATION DUE TO RAINFALL. EMPLOYEE COMP AND RELATED, UNION MEDICAL COSTS COMING IN CONGRESS TINCONTINGENCY LOSS LOWER COMPENSATION PAYMENTS THAN ANTICIPATED. OFFSETTING VARIANCE INCLUDED MATERIALS AND SUPPLIES — UNFAVORABLE VARIANCE DUE TO THE TIMING OF WATER HEATER REPLACEMENT. STAFF IS ADDRESSING A BACKLOG OF WATER REPLACEMENT EARLY IN THE YEAR. SLIDE 5, ON THIS PIE CHART, NON-ASSESSMENT REVENUES TO DATE $308,000 BY CATEGORIES STARTING WITH THE LARGEST REVENUE CATEGORY, FEES AND CHARGES TO RESIDENTS INTEREST, REVENUE AND SO FORTH.

SLIDE 6, PLEASE. EXPENSES TO DATE OF $6.5 MILLION SHOWING THAT OUR LARGEST CATEGORY OF EXPENSE WAS FOR EMPLOYEE COMPENSATION AND PROPERTY TAXES FOLLOWED BY OUTSIDE SERVICES, MATERIALS AND SUPPLIES, UTILITIES AND TELEPHONE AND SO FORTH. >> SLIDE SEVEN, PLEASE. THE RESERVE BALANCE FEBRUARY 28, 2019 WAS $21,957,000. YEAR-TO-DATE CONTRIBUTIONS, INTEREST TO RESERVES WAS $2,131,000 WHILE YEAR-TO-DATE EXPENDITURES WERE A MILLION $877,000. SLIDE EIGHT, EXCUSE ME. WE COMPARED THIS TO HISTORICAL FUND BALANCES FOR THE PAST FIVE YEARS ON THIS CHART. THERE IS A LITTLE CHANGE IN THE LAST THREE YEARS. WE ADDED A SLIDE TO SHOW THE RESALE HISTORY 2017 TO 2019. UNITED SALES TOTALED 29 IN JANUARY AND FEBRUARY. I'M GOING TO RIGHT NOW GIVE THE RESALE REPORT FOR MARCH. OUR NUMBER OF RESALES TO DATE WERE 60. OUR NUMBER OF RESALES LAST YEAR-TO-DATE WERE 84. WE ARE DOWN 24 SALES OR 28.6%. OUR SALES VOLUME AS OF MARCH, 2019, 15,893,300, OUR SALES VOLUME AS OF A YEAR AGO IN MARCH, 23,230,240. WE ARE DOWN 7,000,000 — >> NO, WE DO NOT. >> THIS IS — PAGE THREE OF SIX. >> IT'S FIFTH. YOU SHOULD HAVE. >> OKAY, YEAH.

>> OKAY, WHERE AM I? SO IT'S DOWN $7,336,940. YEAR-TO-DATE 264,360.-DATE. RESALE LAST YEAR, 276315. OUR AVERAGE RESALE PRICE IS DOWN ALMOST $12,000 OR 4.3%. AT 9%.Y LEASING REMAINS THE SAM- >> I THINK ONE THING THAT I WANT TO COMMENT ON, AND THIS IS MAYBE OUT OF ORDER OR OUT OF LINE, BUE THE COMMENT THAT I WAS NOT FOR HAVING CARE GIVER LIVE INS, AND I PROBABLY NEW THIS — I DID KNOW THIS, AND THE REST OF YOU DID NOT. THEREFORE, I CAN UNDERSTAND WHY SOME OF THE NEGATIVITY CAME ABOUT. WE HAD TWO COMPLAINTS. I HAD ONE FEMALE WHO CAME TO ME, RESIDENT OR INPATIENT, AND HER MOTHER HAD BOUGHT A PLACE, AND THE BEDROOM AND BATHROOM HAD — THE PERSON HAD BEEN IN BED FOR YEARS, SMELLED OF URINE AND VOMIT. THEY COULDN'T GET IT REMOVED FROM THE WALLS AND FLOORING AND THEREFORE, IN A DISCUSSION WITH OUR ENGINEERS HERE FOUND THAT IT COULD RESULT IN CHARGES TO US OF $50,000 TO $100,000 PER UNIT. THEREFORE, WITH TWO OF THEM, I THINK WE ARE ASKING FOR TROUBLE. THAT'S WHY I BROUGHT THAT UP LAST MONTH.

IN OUR FINANCE COMMITTEE, WE HAD A PAYMENT PLAN FOR DELINQUENT ASSESSMENTS. EASY PAY SERVICE WAS DISCUSSED AND PUT ON A FUTURE AGENDA. RECOGNITION AGREEMENT, A MOTION MADE AND CARRIED RECOMMENDING THE BOARD BRING THE CURRENT TO LEGAL COUNCIL AND DETERMINE THE PROCESS FOR OTHER INTERESTED LENDERS. I'M FOR THIS BECAUSE I THINK COMPETITION IS GOOD IN ANY BUSINESS SITUATION. GUARANTORS, WE JUST DISCUSSED. CHARGING VIOLATION FEES, WE JUST PASSED. I DON'T THINK I HAVE ANYTHING ELSE.

THANK YOU. >> THANK YOU. OUR NEXT COMMITTEE REPORT IS FROM ARCHITECTURAL CONTROL AND STANDARD'S COMMITTEE, DIRECTOROR AGRIKAR. >> THE COMMITTEE MET DISCUSSING ITEM 11A AND B ABOUT THE STAIR LIFT. THE OTHER ONE, THE PATIO DOORS EXITING INTO THE AREA. ALSO DISCUSSED ARE DRAINAGE ISSUES. AS TO REDUCE WATER DRAINING AT THE BUILDING FOUNDATIONS. NEXT MEETING IS APRIL 18TH IN THE ELM ROOM AT 9:30.

NEXT IS COMMUNICATIONS COMMITTEE, DIRECTOR BLACK WE'LL. WELL. >> YOU GOT "THE BREEZE" YESTERDAY, I HOPE YOU READ IT. THERE ARE VERY GOOD COMMENTS BY STAFF AND BY THE BOARD IN EVERY SECTION. BE SURE YOU READ IT. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO WRITE A REPORT ON SOMETHING, SEND IT TO ME. OTHERWISE, I RELY ON THE SAME PEOPLE. THAT WOULD BE SUE AND ELSIE AND CARRIE AND CARL AND JUANITA DIDN'T DO IT THIS TIME — AND IF THE OTHERS WOULD LIKE TO WRITE SOMETHING, THEY CAN SEND ABOUT TO BE SURE IT'S NOT DOUBLE COVERAGE. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING ELSE TO SAY, WE APPRECIATE YOUR BEING SO COOPERATIVE. ONCE AGAIN, WE WERE FIRST IN WITH OUR STUFF. STAFF DID A WONDERFUL JOB OF REWORKING EVERYTHING AROUND AND MAKING IT LOOK INTERESTING. THANK YOU. THAT'S ALL. >> WE HAVE A REPORT FROM THE MEMBER HEARINGS COMMITTEE DIRECTOR ACRECHAR. >> COMMITTEE MET IN DISCIPLINARY SOCIAL SERVICES REPORTED PARTIES SUFFERING HARDSHIPS AND PAYMENT PLANS WERE SUGGESTED WHERE APPROPRIATE.

úNEXT MEETING APRILK MORE ROOM AT 9:00. >> THANK YOU. THE GOVERNING DOCUMENT REVIEW COMMITTEE, DIRECTOR BLACKWE'LL? BLACKWELL? >> THANK YOU. WE MET AND DISCUSSED THE GOLF CART FEES WHICH YOU JUST PASSED, AND ROOMMATES WHICH YOU DIDN'T PASS. WE HAD AN INTERESTING DISCUSSION OF THE PROS AND CONS OF ROOMMATES AND SECURITY IS DEFINITELY AGAINST IT. IT'S HARD TO MONITOR SUCH A THING. IT'S SO HELPFUL IF IT WORKS OUT PERFECTLY, AND IT'S SUCH A DISASTER FOR A SENIOR IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG, AND WHAT HAPPENS TO THE ROOMMATE IF THEY GET SICK AND WHO IS TO CARE FOR THEM AND ALL OF THESE THINGS CAME UP.

IT'S AN IMPOSSIBLE NIGHTMARE LEGALLY FOR THE RESIDENTS WHO HAVE THE ROOMMATE AND FOR UNITED AND FOR THE VILLAGE. IT'S TOO GREAT A PROBLEM. I WISH WE WERE IN AN IDEAL WORLD, BUT WE ARE NOT. POINTS WERE MADE.WN AFTER GOOD- WE DISCUSSED ELECTION RULES AS THEY RELATE TO THE BY LAWS. WE HAVE A NEW ELECTION COMPANY BECAUSE THE OLD ONE RETIRED, NOT FIRED OR ARRESTED. IT'S A ONE-MAN COMPANY. AFTER ALL OF THESE YEARS, HE'S RETIRED. WE WANT TO RUN OUR SCHEDULE BY THEM FIRST BEFORE WE DECLARE WHAT OUR SCHEDULE IS TO BE SURE THEY HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO PRINT UP THE STATEMENTS AND BALLOTS TO GET THE NAMES AND THAT SORT OF THING. WE'LL GET THAT SCHEDULE OUT TO YOU AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. WELL REVIEW AND DISCUSS THE ELECTION RULES AS THEY RELATE TO THE BYLAWS WE MADE SUGGESTIONS, AND WE THINK THEY'LL BE GOOD. WE ARE DISCUSSING THE LAW REGARDING THE CANVASSING POLICY, PRETTY MUCH AS I SAID. WE ALLOW CANVASSING. WE'LL ALLOW CANVASSING, BUT GATE TKREU IS REQUIRED FOR GRF AND THE ABILITY TO SAY NO TO A CANVASSER SHOULD BE OKAY WITH A FINANCIAL DOOR.

THAT'S ALL WE'LL ADD IN THE GUARANTORS AGAIN AND INITIAL THAT UP AND GET THE OTHER ONE WHICH NEEDS PARTS ADDED TO IT FOR THE GOLF CART. >> FINANCIAL. OUR NEXT MEETING IS APRIL 22ND. HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE. THANK YOU. >> NEXT IS LANDSCAPE COMMITTEE. >> LANDSCAPE COMMITTEE HAS A MEETING THURSDAY, THURSDAY, THURSDAY. WE TALK ABOUT THE ISSUES OF THE CUL-DE-SAC, A DIFFICULT CUL-DE-SAC TO MAINTAIN, APPARENTLY. WE'LL HAVE A HERBICIDE REPORT WITH A GOOD SHOWING OF WHAT THEY DISCOVERED AFTER ALL OF THEIR WORK. WE'LL DISCUSS THAT THOROUGHLY. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THAT, PLEASE COME. THAT'S THURSDAY MORNING AT 9:00. THANK YOU. >> THANK YOU.

>> THE NEXT REPORT IS FROM THE M & C COMMITTEE. DIRECTOR? >> THERE WAS NO MEETING IN MARCH. NEXT IS APRIL 24TH. WE ARE SET TO DISCUSS THE ONGOING PROBLEM IN THE COMMUNITY AS WELL AS THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ON THE AGENDA, WARRANT DETECTION DEVICES. WE HAVE DISCUSSED THE FACT THAT WE WANTED TO RESURRECT THAT DISCUSSION. AN UPDATE OF PROGRESS BEING MADE SHE WILL BE MAKING SOME SORT OF A PROGRESS REPORT.

DRAINAGE ISSUES AT EL TORO ROAD, OUR ADVISER HAS INFORMATION ON THAT. I VICE PRESIDEN HAVEN'T BEEN ABT THROUGH TO HIM. THAT'S CURRENTLY ON THE AGENDA. ALL RESIDENTS ARE INVITED. JOIN US AT 8:00 A.M. ON APRIL 24TH IN THIS ROOM HERE. >> THE VILLAGE ENERGY TASK FORCE? >> THE MEETING WAS HELD MARCH 6TH, HOWEVER, OUR LAST BOARD MEETING WAS MARCH 12TH, SO AT THE BOARD MEETING, I DISCUSSED THE ITEMS AT THE LAST ENERGY TASK FORCE MEETING. A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS HAVE COME UP ON ONE SPECIFIC ITEM AND THERE ARE A LOT OF QUESTIONS REGARDING THAT. I'M GOING TO RECAP THAT ONE ITEM. HOPEFULLY, EVERYONE WILL UNDERSTAND WHAT I HAVE TO SAY. AT THAT MEETING AND GRF M & C MEETING, WE RECOMMENDED APPROVAL FOR EIGHT ELECTRICAL VEHICLE CHARGING STATIONS TO BE INSTALLED ON FOUR BALLARDS IN THE COMMUNITY PARKING LOT ADJACENT TO THE TWO CURRENTLY INSTALLED BALLARDS. THIS WAS APPROVED FOR THE FINANCE COMMITTEE MEETING AND SUBSEQUENTLY APPROVED FOR THE BOARD. THIS AFFECTS US, THE WHOLE THING BECAUSE GRF IS PART OF US.

THIS WILL CONTAIN EIGHT CHARGES INSTALLED BY THE COMMUNITY CENTER PARKING LOT AND NOT IN THE VILLAGE BECAUSE THE PARKING LOT IS A PUBLIC SPACE AND AS SUCH, IF WE HAD EV STATIONS IN A PUBLIC SPACE, WE ARE ELIGIBLE UNDER THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA INCENTIVE PROJECT TO BE REIMBURSED UP TO 75% OF THE COST UP TO $210,000. THE OTHER REASON TO HAVE THEM LOCATED THERE IS THE FACT THAT WE HAVE MOST OF THE INFRASTRUCTURE IN PLACE ADJACENT TO THE OTHER TWO BALLARDS TO SUPPORT THE ADDITIONS AND THIS WOULD MINIMIZE THE COST OF THE INSTALLATION. WITHIN THE VILLAGE, THERE IS NO PUBLIC ACCESS, WE ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ANY MONEY THROUGH THE INCENTIVE PROGRAM. IN ORDER TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE PROGRAM, THIS NEEDS TO BE COMPLETED OCTOBER OF THIS YEAR, SO THERE IS A RUSH. FOR THOSE THAT HAVE ASKED, THE CHARGING STATIONS WILL NOT BE FREE TO USE. I REPEAT, THEY ARE NOT FREE. TO USE THEM, YOU WILL PAY BY CREDIT CARD JUST LIKE ANY OTHER BALLARD. THERE WILL MAYBE SOME DISCOUNT TO RESIDENTS THAT USE THAT, BUT THE FINE PARTICULARS OF THAT ARE NOT CURRENTLY ADDRESSED. BE AWARE OF THE FACT THAT THOSE EIGHT BALLARDS ARE FOR OUR FUTURE AND MONEY WE'LL GET FROM THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA INCENTIVE PROGRAM.

THANK YOU. >> THANK YOU. >> BY THE WAY, THE DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING IS MAY 1, 1:30 P.M. IN THE BROOM AND ALL RESIDENTS ARE INVITED. >> A REPORT FROM THE RESIDENT ADVISORY COMMITTEE, DIRECTOR >> THANK YOU. I WAS GETTING PHONE CALLS AFTER DIRECTOR MARGOLIS GAVE MY CELLPHONE NUMBER. I DIDN'T GET ANY RECENTLY. IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT, PLEASE SEND ME AN E-MAIL. WE'LL WORRY ABOUT IT AND TAKE CARE OF IT AND ATTEND THE RESIDENT ADVISORY COMMITTEE LIKE THE GENTLEMAN LAST WEEK CAME IN ON MARCH 14TH AND COMPLAINED ABOUT NOISE VIOLATION FROM THE UPSTAIRS NEIGHBOR. SINCE THIS IS GOING ON FOR A WHILE, A SOUND TEST IS BEING ARRANGED TO SEE IF PEACEFUL RESOLUTION CAN BE ACHIEVED.

MORE TO FOLLOW AFTER THE NEXT MEETING APRIL 11TH, 2019, 4:00 P.M., SYCAMORE ROOM. PLEASE BE THERE IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS, AND WE'LL TRY TO RESOLVE THEM. STAFF MEMBERS ARE ALSO PRESENT, SO RESOLUTION IS EASIER. THANK YOU. HAVE A NICE DAY. >> THANK YOU. ITEM 15 ON THE AGENDA, GRF COMMITTEE HIGHLIGHTS. DIRECTOR MORRISON, ANYTHING THAT CAME OUT OF THE FINANCE COMMITTEE? >> A STATEMENT OF REVENUE EXPENSES, $3,685,000 COMPARED TO THE BUDGET $3,751,000. $66,000 DIFFERENCE MAINLY DUE TO LESS ROUNDS OF GOLF PLAYED. THE EXPENSES $3,181,000 COMPARED TO BUDGETED YEAR-TO-DATE $3,518,000. BETTER THAN BUDGET $337,000 MAINLY DUE TO TIMING. THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS AUTHORIZED SUPPLEMENTAL FUNDING 4,604,200 TOWARD A CONTRACT TO STUDY POTENTIAL CHANGES TO THE LAGUNA WOODS VILLAGE BUSSES, RIDERSHIP AND CONVENIENCE TO RESIDENTS. GRF DELINQUENCIES, $68,000. WE REVIEWED THE GRF2019 BUSINESS PLAN. WE DISCUSSED THE NEED FOR EMERGENCY GENERATORS. #WE DISCUSSED INSURANCE RENEWAL FOR GRF, AND WE DISCUSSED SUPPLEMENTAL FUNDING FOR THE COMMUNITY ENERGY CONSULTANT. NEXT MEETING APRIL 24TH AT 1:30. >> THANK YOU. I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE THE POINT AS WE GO THRAOUL OF THESE THAT UNITED IS REPRESENTED BY TWO MEMBERS ON EVERY ONE OF OUR GRF COMMITTEES.

WE HAVE INPUT, AND WE DO CARE ABOUT WHAT'S GOIN ON AS WE GO INTO THE BUDGET PROCESS. WE'LL HAVE QUESTIONS AND INPUT THERE. THIS IS NOT STRICTLY OUTSIDE OF OUR INTEREST AT ALL BECAUSE WE ARE PART OF GRF. WE SUPPORT THEIR WORK ON OUR MONEY. THE SECOND COMMITTEE IS THE ACTIVITIES COMMITTEE, DIRECTOR MARGOLIS? >> BRIAN GRUNNER REPORTED THAT THE SPECIALTY DINNERS ARE SELLING OUT. GET YOUR REQUEST IN EARLY. WE HAD TWO REPORTS ON THE STABLES, INCREASING COMMUNICATION ON THE BORDERS. THERE ARE LESSONS AND TRAIL RIDES. THERE IS NO RENTAL OF HORSES WHICH IS ON THE WEBSITE. THEY PLAN TO INTRODUCE EDUCATIONAL CLASSES ON HORSE CARE. THE SECOND WAS ON THE GARDEN CENTER. THEY ARE WORKING ON CUSTOMER SERVICE AND COMPLIANCE ENFORCEMENT. WE VOTED DOWN A SHADE STRUCTURE FOR THE POOL BECAUSE OF THE EXPENSE OF IT. BRIAN IS GOING TO HAVE A COMPREHENSIVE STAFF TRAINING IN JUNE. MOST OF THE OFFICES — THE COMMUNITY CENTER WILL BE — HIS OFFICES WILL BE CLOSED THEN.

THERE IS GOING TO BE AN INCREASE ON THE TREE PLOTS IN THE GARDEN CENTERS. THEY INCLUDE TRIMMING OF THE TREES AND MAINTENANCE OF THE TREES. THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE — MAY 9TH AT 1:30 P.M. IN THE BOARDROOM. YOU ARE ALL WELCOME. >> THANK YOU, DIRECTOR MARGOLIS. >> NEXT IS THE LANDSCAPE COMMITTEE, DIRECTOR BLACKWELL. >> THE SECOND MEETING WAS CANCELED. WE HAVE ONE SCHEDULED SOON. I DON'T KNOW WHEN IT IS? MAY 15TH, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. WE'LL BE BACK IN FULL FORM AT THAT TIME. NEXT IS THE M & C COMMITTEE. >> GRFM & C COMMITTEE, NO MEETING IN MARCH. OUR NEXT MEETING IS TOMORROW MORNING RIGHT HERE IN THE BOARDROOM AT 9:30 A.M. AT THAT MEETING, WE ARE SCHEDULED TO DISCUSS THE ONGOING PROJECTS IN THE COMMUNITY AS WELL AS THE PICKLE AND PADDLE BALL TENNIS COMPLETION REPORT. WE'LL DISCUSS THAT THROUGH THE REPORT ITSELF. EVERYONE IS WELCOME TOMORROW MORNING AT 9:30 A.M. IN THE PWRAOBOARDROOM FOR THE GRF, M &C COMMITTEE.

>> IMMEDIATE KWRAPBD A COMMUNICATION COMMITTEE, DIRECTOR BLACKWELL? DISCUSSED FEES AND THEND- DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TH COST OF A SET-TOP BOX AND DIGITAL AND ALL OF THESE THINGS. WE ARE HOLDING THOSE LOW AS WE CAN. WE ARE SERIOUSLY TRYING TO KEEP IT LOW, BUT WE HAVE TO NEGOTIATE WITH THE PROVIDERS OF OUR TELEVISION SERVICES SUCH AS FOX SPORTS NET TIME PRIME TICKET AND FOX SPORTS WITH NET WEST THAT EXPIRES DECEMBER 2019. THAT WILL INCREASE — THERE ARE ONE OR TWO OTHERS THAT INCREASE, BUT IN GENERAL, WE ARE IN THE POOL, AND THE POOL WORKS TOGETHER TO KEEP THOSE LOW AS POSSIBLE. IT'S VERY HARD FOR US. WE CAN'T BE INDEPENDENT. WE HAD — WE HAVE NOW FIVE A WE'LL HAVE A RESIDENT DOCENT TOUR AVAILABLE FOR RESIDENTS THAT HAVE NEVER GONE TO ONE BEFORE AND WOULD LIKE TO GO TO A DOCENT TOUR.

YOU WOULD BE WELCOME TO SIGN UP FOR THE DOCENT TOUR ON THE FIFTH WEEK, ANY WEEK WHICH HAS THE FIFTH WEEK — FIFTH THURSDAY. IT HAS TO BE THE FIFTH THURSDAY IN THE MONTH. YOU CAN SIGN UP FOR THAT. CONTACT THE RESIDENT SERVICES, AND THEY'LL SIGN YOU UP WITH THAT. IT WILL BE VERY ENJOYABLE IF YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN ON IT. I WOULD LIKE TO POINT OUT THE CLUBS HAVE TIME AVAILABLE ON TV FOR THIS DAY AND FOR CLUB ANNOUNCEMENTS. IF YOUR CLUB IS — WOULD LIKE TO BE ON TV FOR A TEN MINUTE SPOT, YOU NEED TO LET TV-6 KNOW, AND THEY'LL SCHEDULE YOU AND INTERVIEW YOU, AND IT'S ALWAYS NICE. SOME DO IT REGULARLY. SOME CLUBS TELEVISE THE PROGRAMS, BUT THAT COSTS MONEY, BUT A LITTLE SPOT ON "THIS DAY" DOESN'T COST MONEY, SO YOUR CLUB CAN BE ON TEN MINUTES. THANK YOU. THRIVE, THEY ARE WORKING ON THE CENTENARIAN GUEST PROJECT. IT'S A GREAT PROJECT. IF YOU ARE NOT 100, YOU CAN'T DO IT, SO IF YOU HAVE A HUNDRED-YEAR-OLD NEAR YOU OR OVER WHO IS INTERVIEWABLE, WE WOULD LOVE TO TAKE THE PHOTOS AND DO THE INTERVIEW FOR THAT.

IT'S A GOOD PROJECT. THAT'S IT. OUR NEXT REPORT — OUR NEXT MEETING IS APRIL 15TH. THAT'S THE MEDIA AND COMMUNICATIONS MEETING. >> IT'S ALWAYS AMAZING TO ME HOW MANY HUNDRED-YEAR-OLD PEOPLE WE HAVE LIVING IN THE VILLAGE. >> OVER 80. >> STILL ACTIVE. >> OVER 80 OF THEM, YES. >> THE NEXT IS A REPORT ON THE MOBILITY AND VEHICLES COMMITTEE. DIRECTOR ADDINGTON. REPRESENTING 300 INDIVIDUAL RIDERS. THE EASY RIDER FIXED ROUTE BUSSES OVER TWO MONTHS, ON AVERAGE PER MONTH, THE FIXED ROUTE BUSSES WERE 7,970 TRIPS PER MONTH, 8,000. THAT REPRESENTED APPROXIMATELY 600 PASSENGERS. NEITHER ONE OF THE FIGURES, 1894 A MONTH OR 8,000 A MONTH, ADDITION TO 1300 RIDERS DESTINATION SHOPPING PROGRAM HAVING TO DO IT BY LOTTERY NOW, SO POPULAR, LIKE THE HANDY MAN PROJECT. MARCH 20TH, AN INFORMATIONAL MEETING FOR THE VILLAGE HELD IN CLUBHOUSE ONE WITH RESIDENT STAFF AND CONTRACTORS ALL TALKING TOGETHER, IT'S REGARDING COMMUNITY TRANSPORTATION NEEDS.

IT WAS AN OPPORTUNITY FOR THE COMMUNITY TO GIVE ITS INPUT. IT WAS NEED AT FIRST. I THOUGHT IT WAS ODD. I THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD SYSTEM. THERE WERE SEVERAL TABLES SET UP. THERE WERE QUESTIONS OVER EACH ONE ON THE TAG BOARD. THE QUESTION MIGHT SAY WHERE DO YOU GO? THERE WERE POST ITS AVAILABLE, AND YOU COULD WRITE WHERE YOU NORMALLY WENT, AND PUT IT ON THIS BOARD, AND ONCE PEOPLE GOT THE HANG OF IT, THOSE BOARDS WERE PLASTERED WITH INPUT. IT WAS GREAT. IT WAS A REALLY GREAT MEETING. THERE WAS DRIVERS THERE ARE. PEOPLE FROM UPPER STAFF — IT WAS A GREAT FUNCTION. THE BEST THING WAS MARCH 15TH, WHEN SEVERAL OF US GOT TO TEST — TAKE A JOYRIDE THROUGH THE VILLAGE ON A POTENTIAL NEW BUS, I BELIEVE IT WAS 24 CAPACITY. IT WAS A CHEVY ENGINE, CHEVY FRAME, AND IT WAS — I KNOW THAT SOUNDS WEIRD, BUT IT WAS A LOT OF FUN DRIVING — IT SMELLED LIKE A BRAND NEW CAR. THAT WAS NICE. THAT WAS MARCH 15TH. THAT'S WHAT WE HAVE BEEN DOING AT THE GRF MOBILITY VEHICLES COMMITTEE. THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE MORE FUN AND HELD JUNE 5,TH 2019.

THANK YOU. >> NEXT REPORT, SECURITY AND ACCESS COMMITTEE. >> THANK YOU, DIRECTOR CHAIR. WE HAD A MEETING FEBRUARY 25TH, 1:30 IN THE ROOM. DON TIBBETS AND COMMANDER TIM MOY REPORTED TO THE COMMITTEE. THE FIRST ITEM WAS PEOPLE FROM THE AUDIENCE RESPONDING TO THE AUDIENCE REGARDING THE SECURITIES MOVE TO THE COMMUNITY . COMMANDER MOY REPORTED THAT DEPARTMENT HEAD — MR. TPHAO NUS MET WITH THE CITY AND THE CITY APPROVED THE MOVE. THERE WILL BE ADDITIONAL PARKING. THEY HAVE DETERMINED THAT WE HAVE SPACE FOR 35 SPACES AVAILABLE. THAT SHOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM. THE REST OF TROTTER INVOLVED GATE TWO AND EIGHT WHICH IS THEN, OF COURSE, TIM MOY DID AN. GREAT JOB WITH NUMBERS. HE GAVE US THE REPORT, AN EXCEL SPREADSHEET ON NOTICE OF VIOLENCES, CRIME REPORT AND TRAFFIC COLLISIONS. WITH ALL OF THE CODES AND ALL. I HAVE TO GIVE THIS GUY CREDIT. CONVENIENCE IN THIS TOWN COMES OVER SECURITY. MY HAT IS OFF TO HIM. HE HAS A TOUGH JOB THAT'S THE END OF MY REPORT.

>> THANK YOU. THE NEXT REPORT IS ON THE LAGUNA WOODS VILLAGE TRAFFIC HEARING. DIRECT ORATORREN?OR TORNG. >> THANK YOU FOR THE TRAFFIC INFORMATION. THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE TRAFFIC HEARING COMMITTEE WAS HELD WEDNESDAY MARCH 20TH, 2019, 9:00 A.M. IN THE BOARDROOM HERE. THIS IS MY FIRST TIME SITTING ON THE COMMITTEE. THERE ARE A LOT OF PROCEDURES I NEED TO LEARN. THE COMMITTEE HELD 14 TRAFFIC HEARINGS AND FOUND 12 INDIVIDUALS GUILTY AND TWO INDIVIDUALS NOT GUILTY. YOU STILL MAY, IF YOU FEEL YOU ARE CORRECT, YOU MAY COME HERE. IF YOU ARE NOT SURE, YOU MAY GET EMBARRASSED BECAUSE THE VIDEO WILL SHOW CLEARLY WHAT'S HAPPENING THERE.

THERE IS A TOTAL OF OVER 300 VIOLATIONS, SOME MULTIPLE VIOLATIONS BY THE SAME PERON. MANY OF THE VIOLATIONS WERE WARNINGS WITH NO FINES. OTHER FINES RANGE FROM $25 TO $400. MOST FREQUENT S CITATION IS NO VALID GRF DECAL. IF YOU DON'T HAVE A GRF DECAL, YOU BETTER GO REQUEST ONE. NEXT SCHEDULE TRAFFIC HEARING MEETING WEDNESDAY APRIL 17, 2019, 9:00 A.M. AND ALSO 1:00 P.M. IN THE BOARDROOM, THE 1:00 P.M. IN THE SYCAMORE ROOM UPSTAIRS. THANK YOU. >> THANK YOU. ALL RIGHT, FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS? >> ONE MORE LEFT. >> SORRY, DISASTER PREPAREDNESS, YOU ARE CORRECT. DIRECTOR ACHREKAR. >> I'M HURRYING. I THOUGHT WE WOULD GET THROUGH BY NOON, BUT WE DIDN'T. >> TASK FORCE MET MARCH 26TH AND CHIEF MOY IS DOING AN EXCELLENT JOB TO PREPARE FOR DISASTER. IT'S UP TO US TO WORK WITH HIS TEAM AND PREPARE WHEN NEEDED AND MAKE SURE WE KNOW THE PLAN LAID OUT BEFORE US SO THE ACTUAL DISASTER, WE ARE REALLY PREPARED. COMING DOWN TO OFFI OTHER THING, CLUBHOUSES ONE, TWO AND FIVE HAVE EMERGENCY GENERATORS.

CLUBHOUSE FOUR AND SIX WERE REQUESTED BUT NOT YET APPROVED. THE COST IS $40,000 AND CLUBHOUSE 6 IS $20,000. THE EARTHQUAKE COUNTY ALLIANCE AROUND NOVEMBER 19, 2019 ABOUT 200 PEOPLE ARE EXPECTED TO ATTEND FROM DIFFERENT ORANGE COUNTY AREAS. CLUBHOUSE TOURS AND DISASTER PREPAREDNESS IN MIND, WE ARE CONDUCTED AND ALL CLUBHOUSES ARE MAPPED DURING THE DISASTER. GATES TWO AND EIGHT HAVE ARMS. GATE THREE AND SEVEN ARE IN THE UPGRADE MODE. EARTHQUAKE MEETING JUNE 8TH, AND EVERYONE IS URGED TO ATTEND. MARK, CHIEF OF EARTHQUAKE COUNTY ALLIANCE, WILL ADDRESS THE ATTENDEES. RADIO COMMUNICATIONS EXERCISE IS SCHEDULED FOR APRIL SO ALL OF THE RADIO OPERATORS ARE IN PLACE AND WORKING. THE TOWERS ARE PREPARING THEIR DISASTER PREPAREDNESS PLAN, AND THEY MAY NEED HELP FROM THE ABLE BODIED PEOPLE IN AND AROUND THE THIRD MUTUAL NEIGHBORS. NEXT MEETING IS SCHEDULED MAY 28TH IN THE BOARDROOM AT 9:30. THAT EA'S ALL I HAVE. >> THANK YOU. FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS IN MAY, ELECTION SCHEDULE 2019 WHICH WE HAVE READY AND APPROVED AT THAT TIME. >> RULES AND RESPONSIBILITY DISAPPEARED.

IT USED TO BE ON THE FUTURE AGENDA. >> IT IS NOT READY TO BE PRESENTED. MAYBE IN THE FUTURE. WE'LL MAKE THAT C SO IT DOESN'T DISAPPEAR ON YOU. >> WE HAVE A RESOLUTION BEING WORKED ON IN DOCUMENTARY VIEW ON OUR CANVASSING POLICY, AND WE REALLY NEED TO GET PREPARED FOR THE CENSUS WHICH WILL BE STARTING FIRST OF THE YEAR, AND TASK FORCE HAS BEEN WORKING ON THE ADVISER QUALIFICATIONS PROCEDURES AND POLICY. THAT WILL GO TO DOCUMENT REVIEW AND COME BACK TO US AT A FUTURE MEETING AS WILL THE RULES AND RESPONSIBILITY. DIRECTOR'S COMMENTS? I'LL START OVER HERE. NO COMMENT? ELSIE? >> I WOULD LIKE TO ENCOURAGE EVERYONE ON THE BOARD, ESPECIALLY MADAM CHAIRWOMAN COMMENTS ON PUBLC HEARING AND OPEN HOUSE EVENTS PRESENTED BY — I'M SORRY, OCTA, ABOUT THIS EL TORO INTERCHANGE THING.

[OFF MICROPHONE ] >> I SPENT A LOT OF TIME GOING THROUGH THE WHOLE PLAN. THERE WAS BASICALLY THREE PROPOSALS DOWN FROM FIVE. THIS IS REALLY, REALLY GOING TO IMPACT US. I'M NOT SAYING THAT IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN OR NOT HAPPEN BUT WE HAVE TO BE INVOLVED IN IT. ONE TINY THING, WE ARE AVERAGING FROM OVER HERE KIND OFP HARD TO FIGURE IT OUT — [MICROPHONE IS NOT ON ] >> THEN IT'S LIKE IN THE TAXES ON VARIOUS PEOPLE, ELDERLY PEOPLE CHOOSING THE ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT REPORT. THEY STATED THAT THEY ARE AVERAGING $43,000 A YEAR AND THE NATIONAL AVERAGE OF POVERTY LEVEL IS 47,000. CLEARLY, IT IS A NATIONAL AVERAGE. NOT THAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR THE REPORT, BUT IT'S THE TWISTING AROUND. IT WOULD BEHOOVE ALL OF US TO ATTEND AND PAY ATTENTION. THAT'S ALL I HAVE TO SAY. THANK YOU. >> THANK YOU. >> DIRECTOR TORNG.

>> I MET A LOT OF RESIDENTS ASKING ME HOW COME WE DON'T ASK QUESTIONS ON THE BOARD. THEY HAVE MANY QUESTIONS AND WE HAVE TO ANSWER THEM. SOMETIMES THEY ARE VERY GOOD QUESTIONS, AND I DON'T HAVE THE ANSWERS. I PROMISED TO BRING THE QUESTIONS AND WILL NOT RUBBER STAMP BUT BRING THE QUESTI QUESS THEY THINK ARE IMPORTANT TO THEM AND THE BOARD.

THANK YOU. >> DIRECTOR AKRECAR >> I HAVE A SOUR TASTE IN MY MOUTH TODAY. WE HAD A RESOLUTION MADE IN MARCH, 12 DAY RESOLUTION COMPLETE, REINTRODUCED IT WITH MODIFICATIONS AND CHANGES AND STKPHRODISPROVED IT. WHAT IS THE POINT OF COMPLIANCE FOR 28 DAYS AND REJECT. I FEEL WE SHOULD NOT MAKE CHANGES ONCE IT'S THROUGH AND APPROVED. >> WE HAVE 28 DAYS NOTICE. >> I THINK WE SHOULD NOT SEPARATE PEOPLE FROM HAVING ASSETS IN CALIFORNIA ALONE. THAT IS GOING TO REDUCE PEOPLE WE WOULD OTHERWISE HAVE. HOW WE COLLECT SHOULD BE OPEN. 99% OF THE CASES ARE COLLECTED. WE HAVE RESTRICTIONS AND THE ASSETS BEING IN THIS COUNTRY WHICH SHOULD BE MAINTAINED INSTEAD OF FOCUSING ON ASSETS IN CALIFORNIA. THANK YOU. THAT'S ALL I HAVE TO SAY. >> DIRECTOR IN >> THANK YOU, ANITA. I THINK I'LL GET THE BAD STUFF OUT OF THE WAY FIRST. I'M DISAPPOINTED THAT WE HAVE NOT MADE MORE PROGRESS ON COMPLYING WITH CIVIL CODE 5500.

I HAVE BEEN COMMENTING ON THIS SINCE EARLY JANUARY. HERE WE ARE IN APRIL. WE HAVE BEEN PROMISED THAT UPDATES WILL BE MADE, BUT THEY HAVEN'T HAPPENED YET. WE ARE REALLY COMPLYING WITH COMPLIANCE THAT LONG. TO MOVE ON TO MORE POSITIVE THINGS, I AGREE WITH DIRECTOR BLACKWELL THAT WE NEED TO ATTEND THE HEARING ON THE EL TORO INTERCHANGE. THAT WILL BE IMPORTANT TO OUR VILLAGE. LET'S PROMOTE A GOOD TURNOUT SO WE ARE HEARD ON WHAT OUR VIEWS MIGHT BE. FOR ALL OF YOU OUT THERE WATCHING US ON TV, YOU DO NEED TO ATTEND THE LANDSCAPE COMMITTEE MEETING THIS THURSDAY AT 9:00. WE HAVE GOOD NEWS REGARDING HERBICIDES.

THE MAIN THING I WANT TO 'EM FA SIDES THERE, KURT WIEMAN IS HE'S JUST TAKEN POSITION, AND WE ARE SHORTHANDED. THEY ARE MAKING TREE TRIMMING. YOU WILL HEAR GOOD NEWS ABOUT THE HERBICIDES. PERHAPS IN THE FUTURE WE'LL CLEAN UP THE CREEK AND DO BETTER ON THE LAWN MAINTENANCE. WE ALL KNOW WE NEED THIS. I BELIEVE VMF STAFF ALSO KNOWS WE NEED THIS AND ARE WORKING ON IT. >> DIRECTOR ARMEN DOSA. >> BOARD MEETINGS TAKE LONG ENOUGH. WE COVER TOPICS ON THE AGENDA, BUT EVRYONE IS RIGHT, THE RESIDENTS NEED TO BE HEARD, BUT THE PLACE FOR THE RESIDENTS TO BE HEARD SHOULD BE IN THE COMMITTEE MEETINGS.

THAT'S WHERE WE DO OUR WORK. IT COMES TO THE BOARD FOR APPROVAL. WE HAVE DEBATES, BUT MOST OF THAT SHOULD BE DISCUSSED AT THE COMMITTEE LEVEL BECAUSE ONE, YOU HAVE MORE TIME TO GET INVOLVED IN VARIOUS DIFFERENT THINGS. WE CAN TAKE NOTES. WE CAN SEE IF ACTION CAN BE DONE AND THERE ARE PEOPLE THERE FROM EACH OF THE LOCATIONS AND DEPARTMENTS LIKE M & C AND WHAT HAVE YOU TO ADDRESS THOSE THINGS OR SAY I'LL LOOK AT IT.

OVER HERE, IT'S A HIGHER LEVEL. WE NEED TO MAKE SURE PEOPLE ATTEND THE COMMITTEE MEETINGS IF THEY HAVE A PROBLEM OR GO TO RESIDENT ADVISORY OR VARIOUS OTHER PLACES, BUT COMING TO THE BOARD WHILE YOU ARE PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE TO THE BOARD, YOU ARE NOT ALWAYS GOING TO GET YOUR RESOLUTION RIGHT AWAY. THE COMMITTEE IS WHERE WE DO THE WORK ON THESE BOARDS. DIRECTOR BLACKWELL. >> THANK YOU. YOUR RFID IS A SPECIAL PASS INTO THE VILLAGE. EVERY SINGLE PERSON WITH AN RFID TOOK A HALF HOUR AND 25 BUCKS AND FILLED OUT A CARD IN ORDER TO GET THE RIGHT FOR QUICK ACCESS TO THE VILLAGE. EVERY RESIDENT HAS A RIGHT TO ACCESS TO THE VILLAGE BY DRIVING BY IN THE GUEST LANE WHERE THE GATE GUARD CAN ACTUALLY SEE THE PHOTOS ON THAT. IF YOU ARE IN THE OTHER LANE AND WAVE, COULD BE A STARBUCKS CARD OR ANY CARD, SO IF YOU WANT TO GO BUY A CARD, YOU DON'T WANT TO SPEND THE $25.20 MINUTES TO GET THE PASS, GO AHEAD AND GO IN THE VISITOR'S LANE WHICH IS WHAT YOU HAVE OPTED FOR.

YOUR STICKER ON THE WINDOW WILL GET YOU THROUGH OR YOUR HELD UP I.D. WHICH IS GATE GUARD MUST VERIFY TO VERIFY THIS IS NOT ME AND THAT IS NOT ME AND SO ON WHICH YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY DO, SO IT'S A NEW PROCESS. IT'S APPARENTLY, ESPECIALLY HAPPENS WHEN WE CHANGE A GATE. PEOPLE IN 5 & 6 KNOW ALL OF THIS WELL. PEOPLE IN TWO ARE NEW AND USED TO OLD HABITS AND EXPECT THEIR TRUCK OR THEIR WHATEVER TO BE RECOGNIZED BY THEIR FAVORITE GUARD OR UNFAVORITE GUARD. SPEND YOUR 25 BUCKS.

IF YOU WANT FAST AND EASY ACCESS, SPEND YOUR 25 BUCKS. GET YOUR RIFD AND YOU CAN COME IN FASTER. GOVERNING DOCS, I LOOK FORWARD TO DISCUSSING MORE THINGS. WE DISCUSS THE GUARANTORS AND THE OTHER THINGS. I SECOND, CARL, IT IS — I GET MAIL AND E-MAIL AND QUESTIONS ON ALL KINDS OF THINGS. I MAY HAVE THE ANSWER BECAUSE I CAN LOOK THINGS UP AND I KNOW WHERE THEY ARE. I SEND THOSE COMPLAINTS WITH MY ANSWER TO THE COMMITTEE CHAIR BECAUSE THEE COMMITTEE CHAIR WILL HANDLE THAT WITH THE STUFF. THAT'S WHERE YOU GET THE ANSWER WITH THE STAFF. THAT'S HOW IT WORKS OUT. COME TO THE COMMITTEE MEETINGS, AND DON'T BE AFRAID, BUT WE POLITE. THANK YOU. >> DIRECTOR MORRISON? >> YEAH, I JUST WANT TO MAKE A COMMENT ABOUT THE STATE REQUIREMENT FOR FINANCIAL REPORTS REVIEW. OUR LAWYER WAS A PART OF THE GROUP IN SACRAMENTO WHO PUT THIS WHOLE LAW TOGETHER.

HE ALSO REVIEWED OUR PROCEDURES AND ASCERTAINED THAT THE PROCEDURES WERE IN ORDER AND ARE WHAT THEY WERE REQUIRING IN SACRAMENTO. THERE ARE PROBABLY OTHER THINGS OTHER PEOPLE WANT, BUT IT'S NOT A REQUIREMENT AS FAR AS WHAT OUR ATTORNEY HAS BRIEFED US UPON. THANKS. >> OKAY. DIRECTOR? >> THANK YOU, MADAM CHAIRWOMAN. I HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO ATTEND THE COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION INSTITUTE LUNCHEON ON MARCH 28TH AT THE MARRIOTT IN IRVINE. IT WAS VERY, VERY INTERESTING. IT WAS A LARGE SETTING, A LOT OF PEOPLE, VENDORS, DIRECTORS, LAWYERS AND ALL. THE TITLE OF THE LUNCH WAS CALLED "CHARTING THE COURSE. "IT WAS VERY, VERY INTERESTING. ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE THING THE STATE IS DOING.

THEY HAD TWO LAWYERS UP THERE LECTURING US ON WHAT WAS HAPPENING. I FOUND IT VERY INTERESTING. MY ONLY PROBLEM WAS, THE LECTURES WERE GIVEN DURING LUNCH AND ALL I COULD HEAR WAS PEOPLE SLAMMING FORKS AND KNIVES DOWN. I TOOK COPIOUS NOTES. THEY DISCUSSED CLAIMS OF UNLAWFUL HARASSMENT. THEY DISCUSSED M & C DISCUSSIONS ON DECKS, BALCONIES, AND WHAT THEY LEARNED OR WE LEARNED AS A GROUP FROM THE FIRES, ELECTRICAL CHARGING STATIONS, CONTRACTORS DEEMED AS EMPLOYEES, AND ASSOCIATION FINANCES WHICH ARE COVERED HERE. WHAT I LIKED ABOUT IT, NOT ONE LAWYER, BUT A GROUP OF LAWYERS. THEY TALKED AND JUST LIKE WE HAD IN LRC, THEY AGREE AND WHEN THEY CAN'T AGREE, THEY DISAGREE ON SOMETHING. I LIKE THE WHOLE CONCEPT. THANK YOU, UNITED AND MADAM CHAIRWOMAN FOR LETTING ME ATTEND THAT. SB333 IS COMING UP FOR A VOTE. I'LL LEAVE IT UP THERE IN THE ROOM, IF YOU WOULD. THAT'S MY REPORT. >> THANK YOU VERY MUCH. >> DIRECTOR? >> ABOUT THE RFID, I HAVE A NUMBER OF PEOPLE THAT BOUGHT IN SAYING THEY ARE NICKEL AND DIMING ME. CHARGE ME $5,000 TO MOVE IN HERE AND THEN THEY WANT ANOTHER $25,000.

I THINK WE SHOULD GO AHEAD FOR THE NEW PEOPLE MOVING IN, TO INCLUDE THE FEE WITHIN THE FEES WHEN THEY BUY THE PLACE 234-7D D OF NICKEL AND DIMING THEM. THE $25,000 FEE SHOULD INCLUDE 1RFD, PERHAPS. >> THANK YOU. ONE FINAL COMMENT, WE HAVE HAD QUESTIONS AND DISCUSSIONS ON OUR SMOKING POLICY. I WANTED TO BRING TO EVERYBODY'S ATTENTION THAT THERE ARE TWO, IF YOU WILL, SMOKING POLICIES. THE CITY OF LAGUNA WOODS HAS ONE SMOKING POLICY, WHICH IS IN UNITED HAS THEIR OWN SMOKING POLICY IN OUR AREA. IT IS MUCH MORE RESTRICTIVE. úSOR INTERESTED, PLEASE DON'T HESITATE TO GO ONLINE AND LOOK FOR THE SMOKING POLICY OR ANY OF US WOULD BE HAPPY TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT IT. IT IS NOT THE SAME.

IT IS MORE RESTRICTIVE. WE ARE A PRIVATE COMMUNITY. WE CAN DO THAT. THIS MEETING IS IN RECESS..

As found on YouTube

Leave a Reply